Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Off-Topic Discussions

Post subject: Re: My f150 has let me down.
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:14 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 GSXR600
Bike/Plate #: 72
I keep saying " while I'm in there i might as well replace......" but i need to draw a line somewhere. its got 120k on it and I'd be happy if it goes to 250K so i don't plan on replacing part if they aren't really needed. basically seals, gaskets, 1 valve and spring and some exhaust bolts.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:54 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): Yamaha PW80
Bike/Plate #: 0
I absolutly despise working on my F150, it's pretty much identical to yours. I thougth my O2 sensor took a dive then I heard the sucking sound of a vacuum leak. It ended up being a little rubber elbow for the PCV valve that rotted apart on the back of the intake. Of course, nobody except Rock Auto sells the elbow so I bought the whole line from the Ford garage. It was $28 but it runs good again. I got like 123k on mine so far and i plan on keeping it until it rots apart.

Actually, I miss my 80 Chevy with the straight 6 and no options. That was by far the easiest truck I ever had to work on.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 pm 
Serious 'Ho

I hate working on the truck but i detest having to pay someone else to work on it.

Four weeks ago i got 4 new tires and inspection done and now this past week i herd a grinding coming from the front. Pulled the wheels off last night and found the front pads worn to the metal. put new ones on along with hardware and a quick bleed but HTF did it pass inspection. there is no way i wore through them in the 1300 miles i did since the inspection was done.

oh i also need to get the tire balanced again because the wheel weight have fallen off the front wheels. :eek:

It will be in tip top shape for the trip to FL though.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
twotyres wrote:
I hate working on the truck but i detest having to pay someone else to work on it.

Four weeks ago i got 4 new tires and inspection done and now this past week i herd a grinding coming from the front. Pulled the wheels off last night and found the front pads worn to the metal. put new ones on along with hardware and a quick bleed but HTF did it pass inspection. there is no way i wore through them in the 1300 miles i did since the inspection was done.

oh i also need to get the tire balanced again because the wheel weight have fallen off the front wheels. :eek:

It will be in tip top shape for the trip to FL though.

did you look at your inspection sheet? I think they just have to pull one front rim and one rear rim...so if your brakes wore uneven, maybe they just pulled the wrong rim. if both front sets were even...someone didn't look at the pads.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:42 pm 
Serious 'Ho

all the fronts were worn out and they pulled all the wheels because i got new tires at the same time. They marked LF/RR on the sticker. oh well at least it passed and i didn't have to take it back.

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Off-Topic Discussions