Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Off-Topic Discussions

Post subject: Bored out of my F#@King mind....
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:21 am 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): My mom...
Bike/Plate #: 0
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while....I did 7 trackdays this far...managed to get kicked out of Ti2tt as far as corner working goes (let's just say there was miscommunication and misunderstanding going on :thumbup: ), and really don't have anything else going on in my life outside of family and a job.

Here's the thing: I am bored as hell at my job...I make good money, time off, etc. but I am not "challenged" at it. I can't afford to quit and go back to school for what I really want...so I am screwed for now in that aspect.

I need to find a new hobby. Track days are great...but, until I get to this school this November up at Laguna...I am not really improving and it looks like I am going to have to start paying for track days (bummer...I know). I need something "extreme" in a sense to do, that is not too "pricey".....

Any suggestions???

One of my main issues is finding people that actually can put up with "me"....most of you know me and can understand how it could be....my first impressions aren't always the greatest...but I am not going to change...so until then...start giving me some ideas of what else I can do. I am looking into surfing, sky diving, and some others...but maybe there is something that you have always wanted to do that I could try....let me know!!!!

Post subject: Re: Bored out of my F#@King mind....
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:53 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
I'm guessing there's lots of good mountain biking close to you. I'm not sure it's all that "extreme" unless you get into downhill, but it's fun, challenging, and good exercise. Buying a bike isn't cheap, but once you get past that it's much cheaper than sportbikes / trackdays...

Last edited by bacolmm on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:55 pm 
'Ho Proper

Thanks for the idea...I do have a mtn. bike...just haven't found anyone to ride with yet...I just might have to head out though and do some trails myself :thumbup:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
jarhead05 wrote:
One of my main issues is finding people that actually can put up with "me"....most of you know me and can understand how it could be....my first impressions aren't always the greatest...

LOL - glad to see you're still kicking.
I'm with Matt, try cycling though I like road much better than mountain bike. How about scuba? You can't piss anyone off with your mouth under water :mrgreen:
Fly back here for a few days - I'll buy you a beer and maybe put up with you for a bit too :thumbup:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:52 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
madski wrote:
jarhead05 wrote:
One of my main issues is finding people that actually can put up with "me"....most of you know me and can understand how it could be....my first impressions aren't always the greatest...

LOL - glad to see you're still kicking.
I'm with Matt, try cycling though I like road much better than mountain bike. How about scuba? You can't piss anyone off with your mouth under water :mrgreen:
Fly back here for a few days - I'll buy you a beer and maybe put up with you for a bit too :thumbup:

scuba gets expensive after a while. me and my roomate were getting into it during college and it gets addicting and you want to get more and more certifications which cost money and theres no where really exciting to dive around here. he has it easier since he has the ocean right there

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:44 pm 
'Ho Proper

You're right...scuba can become pricey....I have my advanced open water with PADI...but I would like to take a refresher course before jumping back into diving...I am looking into it. Problem is...I sold all my gear :evil: So I need to buy everything...including mask and fins...I am going to start searching CL soon for that.

Mike: When ever I get the time and money...I am sure we will be making a trip back :thumbup:

I am also looking into Ocean Kayaking...I have done it tons of times....would like to find one used and buy it.

Ooohhhh...Mike...I am with you on the road cycling...I do like it....problem is....people are morons out here and aren't paying attention.

there was a guy on a nice $6K road bike up at Palomar last year who got hit by an idiot on a sport bike :sad: Sport bike never stopped...luckily...the photographer that hangs out up there and takes pictures got it on camera :thumbup:

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Off-Topic Discussions