Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Track & Race Organization Discussions » Track Organizations Discussions » NESBA

Post subject: NESBA Membership Changes
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Looks like NESBA is re-structuring their membership prices. See the link below to a thread on their message board. They are also supposed to release and updated rider's manual soon with the changes.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=17347

Quote:
The Basic Membership is now ONLY $25! This new low price gives NESBA members an ultra affordable membership option that still packs some serious punch when it comes to perks. Members will receive the following with their NESBA Basic Membership: Crash and mechanical insurance, Free gate entrance into all events, Multi day discounts, generous package discounts, Membership rewards program, First class coaching, Free beginners orientation, Prime riding times, and top notch sponsor and dealer discount programs members can use to save big money on purchases.

Quote:
The Elite Membership is priced at $200 and provides Elite Members with all the perks of the Basic Membership along with the following valuable additions: No late fees for registration which allows for event registration at anytime paying only the standard event fee, so long as space is available, Flexible event cancellation which provides Elite Members the ability to cancel as late as the morning of the event and still be issued a full credit minus a $5 processing fee, Event cancellation insurance which permits Elite Members to receive a credit for 100% of a cancelled event, which they can use to schedule another NESBA event at a later date. In addition to these great benefits, Elite Members will also receive an Elite Member ID card, Elite Member T-shirt, and NESBA Elite Member Stickers. Members can also qualify for a FREE Elite Membership by attending 12 or more events in a calendar year.

FAQ (based on my interpretation)
-Memberships run from 1/1 - 12/31
-If you do 12 days in a year, then the next year you get the elite membership ($200 value) for free
-If you currently have a membership and it expires before 3/1/2011, you have until it expires to pay the $125 difference to upgrade to the $200 elite membership.
-If you currently have a membership that expires 3/1/2011 and after, you have until 3/1/2011 to pay the $125 difference to upgrade to the $200 elite membership.
-If you paid for a multi-year membership, email info@nesba.com to have your membership handled on case-by-case basis.

I think that is everything from what I read. I think this is a really good move on NESBA's part as most rider's will pay the $200 to avoid late/cancellation fees while the $25 will work well for those who just want to try it out or don't do many days.

Post subject: Re: NESBA Membership Changes
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Thanks for posting this Nate.

They had a good thing going with the way it was structured, now they want to charge an extra $125 for exactly the same thing we paid $75 for in previous years?
The only additional perks seem to be late cancelation and no fee for late registration - hardly worth the upcharge IMHO.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 pm 
Major 'Ho

Once I got bumped to A and didn't need to worry about the group selling out, I always signed up late so I could watch the weather. This was an extra $20/day penalty. I like the idea of not paying that penalty and giving myself the flexibility, so its worth the extra $125 to me for that. Just my take on it. Each person is going to feel differently depending on their approach to track days.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I guess if you are doing more than 6 dyas with them it's worth it... I sort of doubt I'll do 6 with NESBA next years since it's just easier and cheaper to ride with smaller orgs, especially at Beaver.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 am 
Major 'Ho

I think that was their focus, to target two groups: those that ride a lot with them and those that only do 1 or 2 days a year. For those who only do 1 or 2 days a year, the $25 is a lot easier to swallow than $75.

Board index » Track & Race Organization Discussions » Track Organizations Discussions » NESBA