Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Track & Race Organization Discussions » Track Organizations Discussions » Other Track Organizations

Post subject: Motorcycle excitement review.
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 GSXR600
Bike/Plate #: 72
I just did a day with Rodger Lyle at summit point. Here are some thought of the day.

I arrived the night before and set up and hung out just like any other event. The next morning was very similar to other events also, Registration at 7 but no email form to print out, just walk to the classroom and sign in. You can even show up the morning of the event and pay then. You get a card and take it to tech with your bike and lid.

Some confusion at tech. They were asking to see leathers but only some had to show them. They normally don't see them but wanted to on Monday. a quick walk around the bike and a sticker was put on. I didn't see anyone get gigged even with the chain tension.

Riders meeting was a little confusing. normal stuff was said but when showing and explaining the flags they showed all the flags even though they would not be used. ( ambulance, debris, white) was also told slower riders stay to the right on the straight and pass on the left. Kinda backwards but the riders did pass the right way on the track.

There are 4 groups. B,I,A and R.
i signed up in I. Staged up in cold pit in a big gaggle about 3 wide. pulled out from all three rows with "control riders".
the first session was the worst i have ever ridden in period. There were too many on track (50ish) and some were extremely slow, riders were passing when there was no where to go. A guy crashed in front of me in 1 on the out lap, bike upside down on top of him.

The second session was better, i think some riders moved groups. the afternoon sessions were great, open track, some traffic to play with.

I saw CR's out there, some with groups, some by themselves. No rules about passing so i passed some on the brakes into 1 and 5 and saw a CR locking up the rear in 3 and almost going off. He did this a few laps in a row before i finally got passed him.
I never asked for any advice or actually spoke to a CR. The only CR i saw looking back was one with an orange C on his fender.

The time schedule was weird and kept changing because when a red was thrown the time in that session was paused and continued when the track was cleaned up.

Overall i had a good time and would do an event with Rodger again if it fit my schedule. But, if i was wanting to learn the basics, or wanted a more organized and structured event then i would go elsewhere.

Post subject: Re: Motorcycle excitement review.
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
good info - they seem to be really hit or miss from all of the reviews I've seen.

Were the Karns boys out there?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Are you going to do a Summit Main track condition write up as well?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:13 pm 
Serious 'Ho

I figured you could read about the track on the other forums.

All i can say is it is the best i have ever seen it. :nod:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:26 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
Were the sessions still 20 min or did they cut them down with 4 groups?

Was the racer group full?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm 
Serious 'Ho

15 minutes sessions.
The racer group wasn't full like b and I but there were alot. I think coming off a WERA weekend helped. The racer group was fast.

next time i will sign up in A

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:57 am 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): no one
Bike/Plate #: 9893
Thanks for sharing this. I love to ride bikes and cars and I am thinking of buying a new bike very early. Well, I was looking for someone to do my homework for me and my friend suggested me to visit buy assignment online. I would like to ask if anyone has used their services before and could tell me more about them.

Board index » Track & Race Organization Discussions » Track Organizations Discussions » Other Track Organizations