Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Track & Race Organization Discussions » Racing Organizations Discussions » WERA

Post subject: WERA weekend write up
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:08 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
thought id do a little write up about each race from what i can remeber
Race #1- C Superbike Novice: Started 24, Finished 10
man i was nervous as hell for this race. me, john and will were just chilling in the pits waiting for the race to start, which was the second race of the day. 2nd call comes, and we fly into action ripping the warmers off, starting the bikes and getting ready to roll out. we roll out pit road and wait until the race is over. after a minute or two the MARRC worker blows the whistle and we roll out for the warm up lap, which was like a lets go 85% lap. it was pretty fast. come around turn 10 and i look for row 14 i think where im starting 24th. the 3 minute board is up, we wait. then the two minute board and im about to pass out and hoping i dont fuck up the start. the one board comes up, oh shit its go time now. raise the revs to 6k, bring the clutch to friction point and hold still. 1 board goes sideways and the flag goes. i let of the clutch and give her hell. the front comes up and i ride a wheelie for a good 3 or 4 seconds down the straight, shift to second she comes down and off into turn 1 we go. i see john dive to the inside and i get shuffled to the outside. i swing wide, cut back in front of some guy and hang left so i have the inside line going into 3. after that its a little vauge. i remember taking a lot of guys into T1, T3 , outside of T4, and into T5. i was a little out of my element this race and a tad hesitant. the 6 laps went by fast and sooner then i realized the race was over. i had no clue where i was, and i rolled into the pits and lee said 10th! i hopped off and yelled, THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! i was stoked for the next race after 3 other races.

Race #2- B Superbike Novice: Started 19th, Finished 7
i was pumped for this race after the first one and i was a lot less nervous then the previous race since i didnt fuck up the start. race started the same as the other one, and this time i was in the middle of the pack going into 1. passed guys in the usual places in 1,3,4 and 5. had a good battle with john this race and we ran down a pack of bikes that were prob a good 4 or 5 seconds ahead of us. came in 7th this race.

Race #3- A Superstock Novice: Started 13, Finished 7
I was kind of worried about this race because it was a combined race with the experts. we were in the second wave and i was 13th in the novice group but if you wanted to count overall i was starting 23. race started, got another decent start, much better then the mock race and this time i ran into 1 on the inside and shut the door on some guys. pushed hard because i had a personal vendetta with john. felt great this race and even passed some of the slower experts around the 3 or 4 lap mark which was sweet. they totally got "shirted" lol last lap i was in 8th behind a 636 and going into the carousel i saw him go a bit wide and almost highside. i thought tomyself, i got him. i closed up on his ass coming into 7, swung wide going into 8 and stuffed myself on the inside going into 9. i was damn far right, i was close to being in the grass. the pass worked and i got around him, and john came through on the exit, but the 636 got john coming out of 10. another awesome race and i was feeling more and more comfortable on the track and just reacting to what was going on. came in 7th in novice, something like like 17th overall if you count the experts in.

Race #4- C Superstock Novice: Started 20, Finished 6
oh man, the meat grinder class, also combined with the experts and i was grided way back in the 22nd row! it was on now. john had one more chance to beat me. little shit talker. flag dropped and i got another decent start. bike held a nice 45 degree wheelie and i rode it out all through first until i shifted to 2nd. went into turn 1 on the inside, passing a decent bit of people. being late on the brakes is nice! i pushed hard because john got like 4 bikes ahead of me. made it around them in a lap or two and john had a nice sized gap. i pushed hard and luckly he caught some traffice he couldnt get around and i caught him in 4 turns going into 5. so i bank it into the carousel and john comes up the inside. i could see the stiching on his leathers we were so damn close. that got me all wound up. we battle around the next lap and coming through the carousel i set him up for my patented turn 8 otuside pass. i did it late, john was already on the deck and i stuffed it inside, knee in the grass ( according to john) and made the pass smoothly. this was on the 5th lap. coming across the line i knew i couldnt let up because john was on my tail. coming into turn 3 who do i close up on? that hottie katie carney, damn. i was pushing to get around her, but she is to fast and i couldnt close the gap. i got close enough by 10 that i was going to try to make a move, but i didnt take the best line through 10 and she pulled away to far so i settle in behind her for 6th

awesome weekend, and im glad i did 4 races. 2 wouldnt have been enough!

WERA & NESBA #45

Post subject: Re: WERA weekend write up
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
what's the difference in A, B, and C Superstock? Sorry :dunce:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:48 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

madski wrote:
what's the difference in A, B, and C Superstock? Sorry :dunce:

A= 1000cc
B= 750cc
C= 600cc

you can race up a class but not down. so a 600 can run A, B and C, but a 1000 can only run in A :thumbup:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

doh, thanks :grin:

so you did real good against big bikes on a big track :boobies:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:55 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

what do you know about big bikes on the track? you always bring a little one too :sissy: :crash:

btw the smilies on this site rock :toocool:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

hey, i steped up from 70 to about 105hp this year, not that it made me any faster :crash:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:19 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

madski wrote:
hey, i steped up from 70 to about 105hp this year, not that it made me any faster :crash:

give it some time. in the mean time, you look cool on the gixxer :cool:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

i just need to slip a wife beater over my leathers and I'll be all set :biglaugh:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:34 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

:dunce:

WERA & NESBA #45

Board index » Track & Race Organization Discussions » Racing Organizations Discussions » WERA