Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions

Post subject: Matt's Year in Review
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:39 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
OK, the riding season is over, the boredom, PMS, and SAD, is starting to kick in, and the only thing I can think of to do is to look forward to next season and/or back at the season that was. Due to getting the 750 set up in Oct, and promptly tossing it in Nov, the last real quality time I spent on the bike was Oct 9th. It was a crappy end to what was otherwise, another great year of riding, and spending time with good friends. I can't wait for next year (only about 126 days until the local track season starts again).

Jan - 0 rides / 0 track days

Feb - 0 rides / 1 track day - Made the run down to CMP with Pat, except his car crapped out in WV. It rained all day Sat, but had a fun, sunny day on Sat, and ran me best ever CMP lap time - 1:43.85

Mar - 0 rides / 2 track days - Except for Kurt's low side, and my trailer ticket in VA on the way home, Kurt, Pat, and I had 2 fun track days at CMP.

Apr - 2 rides / 2 track days - First street rides of the year, hooked up with Terry for part of one of them. First local track days of the year! I did my first Friday night at Nelson and dropped half a second off my best lap there with a 1:18.86. Pat and I got bumped to NESBA's A class at BeaveRun 4/30. Ran a personal best lap of 1:04.76.

May - 3 rides / 1 track day - Made it out on street rides May 29, 30, 31. Rode with Terry on the 29th, Pat, Kenny, and Jim on the 30th, and John on the 31st. Had a super close call, got ran off the road on RT 147, on the 30th. Did my second ever track day at Summit Point and dropped almost 4 seconds off my best lap time there with a 1:24.00

June - 3 rides / 3 track days - Did another Friday night at Nelson, a NESBA day at BeaveRun (dropped 4/10's of a second off my best lap with a 1:04.16), and a Fastrax day at BeaveRun.

July - 3 rides / 3 track days - Made it out for a couple solo rides and then a barn-burner with Pat, Kenny, Terry and Brian. Definitely one of the best street rides of the year! Pat and I made our second annual 4th of July trip to Summit and had a blast riding and hanging with Mike (who got bumped to A). I made if down into the 1:22's and dropped over a second off my best lap with a 1:22.95. First Mid-Ohio track days of the year. Pat and I did the double, but got rained out after lunch on the first day. I made it into the 1:39's and dropped over 1.5 seconds from my best lap with a 1:39.75. I also got my doors blow off by Larry Pegram.

Aug - 0 rides / 4 track days - Another Friday night at Nelson and I was able to drop over 3.5 second off my best lap with a 1:15.29. Fun riding and BSing with Clem, John, and Lee. Did BeaveRun with NESBA on the 13th with Pat, Kenny, Mike, Brian, Carl, and Scott. I had a great time following Kenny around and he towed me down into the 1:03's with a 1:03.06 (over a second better than my previous best). Unfortunately, Pat banged up his bike in turn #5. Made it out to Mid-O on the 16th with Kenny, Brian and Carl. I had a great time chasing Kenny around and dropped 0.11 seconds with a 1:39.64. I made it back out to Mid-O on the 29th with John, Brian, and Carl.

Sept - 2 rides / 1 track day - Had a great solo ride on the 3rd. Had a blast at the Euro day as usual. Got a tip about a GSXR 750 at the track on Sunday the 18th, and picked it up on Thursday the 22nd.

Oct - 2 rides / 0 track days - Had a fun solo ride on the 750 on the 8th and then a killer ride with Pat, Kenny, Tom, Tim, Brian and Jim on the 9th. I sent my forks and shock off to T-Man on the 10th and didn't get them back until Nov 3rd.

Nov - 0 rides / 0 track days - I had to scramble to get my bike ready for CMP, especially when my new brake lines turned out to be too short. I got the bike ready in time, but crashed on my second lap of the second session. :-(

Post subject: Re: Matt's Year in Review
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Nice write up Matt. I've enjoyed reading them all year.

Any year we are lucky enough to have enough disposable income to enjoy our sport is a good year in my book!

Looking forward to riding with you again in 2012.

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions