Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions

Post subject: New Ho
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
My CBR 600 RR has easily been the best motorcycle I have ever owned. I modded it with a stiffer shock spring and ss brake lines and have ridden the piss out of it. The chassis is amazing, and even though I basically never toughed a suspension clicker, the bike handled flawlessly for 42K+ knee dragging street / track miles. I have been wanting a bit more HP for the track though. I'm a big heavy goon, and since I'm riding a smaller displacement bike, I'm at a power-to-weight ratio disadvantage to just about everyone else on the track. I know I could have gone on a diet, but instead I started lusting after more powerful bikes. I'm a bit hesitant to jump up to a 1000cc bike, so the 750 seemed like the perfect compromise. I was really digging the 2011 when it came out, but the price is pretty steep. I've been watching and waiting and the best I've seen is around $9,750 OTD. Maybe I could get $3K for the CBR on trade and be left with $6,750 to finance. I guess I could live with that if I had too...

At Lee's day on Sunday, Mike's friend Dan told me about a used 2011 750 (with 800 miles on it) that a dealer in MD was getting in that week that they wanted $8K for - now we're talking! The dealership was closed on Monday so I called Tuesday morning and they told me they were expecting to get the bike the next day. They got it on Wednesday so took a half day on Thursday and tailored the CBR out there on Thursday.

My understanding is that Suzuki was trying to strike up a deal with Team Pro Motion and sold the bike to them at a very low price. The bike was ridden on the track by the main guy at TPM's wife all season. Apparently the deal with Suzuki and TPM never panned out so they sold it back to dealership. I looked the bike over very closely and it looks brand new. There aren't' even any real tool marks on any of the bolts. I know they've had the wheels off a few times, but you can't tell that by looking at bolts.

Since it's never been registered, they sold the bike to me as a brand new bike, with the full warranty and financing through Suzuki at a brand new bike interest rate. They gave me more for my trade in than I though they would - $3.5K, so I'm only financing $4.5K. I'm pretty psyched about the deal!

After a little less than 100 miles, my initial impressions are as follows;

The motor feels strong but smooth. It feels a lot like my CBR 600 only stronger

For being way under sprung, the suspension feels way better than it should. I think I'm going to like the big piston fork!

Being a big goon, I'm getting along better with the ergonomics and layout of the bike than I though I would.

I like the gear indicator

I really like the slipper clutch

It sounds way different than my CBR. It's all intake and no exhaust note

I miss having a clock and a fuel gauge

Post subject: Re: New Ho
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:54 pm 
Major 'Ho

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Awesome bike!! :toocool:

I'd be scared to put that on the track and wreck it, but that is me :)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:00 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Oh, and you should have sold me your bike at a special "trackwhores" price :nod:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:21 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
I'm drooling! Nice find Matt. So what are your plans for her?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
:toocool: NICE! Sort of the perfect street/track combo. Congrats Matt :thumbup:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:27 am 
Major 'Ho

Thanks guys! For right now, I'm trying to spend as little additional cash on the bike as possible. I don't know how well that's working out. I ordered a wheel-set off Ebay, Stomp Grip, Brake Lines, and a Pit Bull Pin from SBTG, and a $90 (highway robbery) Service Manual from my local dealer. Once I get the Pit Bull pin and can get the bike up on the front stand, I'm shipping the forks and shock to TMan. He's going to put springs and extenders on the forks, and re-valve and re-spring the shock.

The bike's got plenty of power, but I do want to get a slip-on so I can dump the passenger pegs. I'm probably going to get a M4 GP as they are inexpensive. Also a cheap fender eliminator to drop that ridiculous thing off the back of the bike...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 am 
Major 'Ho

I do have some spares from the Honda to sell to offset some of the Suzuki setup costs. Let me know if you know anyone looking for 2007 - Current CBR spares (I already hit up Rmcaninch600). These will be getting listed on NESBA / 600RR.net / Ebay shortly.

Front / Rear wheel with rotors
Front brake rotors
Woodcraft Rearsets
Stock Rearsets
Stock Clipons
Service Manual

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
You couldn't find a download for the service manual on-line? $90 - big ouch but they are so worth having. Buying all the goodies again (street or track) sort of keeps me from swapping bike too often. Just amazing how all of that shit adds right up.

You are going to ride this thing street and track both like the CBR?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 pm 
Major 'Ho

madski wrote:
You couldn't find a download for the service manual on-line? $90 - big ouch but they are so worth having. Buying all the goodies again (street or track) sort of keeps me from swapping bike too often. Just amazing how all of that shit adds right up.

You are going to ride this thing street and track both like the CBR?

You are not kidding about the goodies! It fun getting the goodies, it just sucks paying for them. It's also nice when you finally get the bike set up how you like it and don't need to mess with it much anymore...

Yeah, the plan is track and street duty...

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions