Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions

Post subject: Yamaha going to 3 cylinders?!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/news/index.aspx?id=513654

"This new concept model represents an important and significant development with regard to Yamaha's plans for the company's future direction in the motorcycle marketplace. The crossplane concept behind the success of the YZR-M1 and YZF-R1 has inspired the design of an all-new 3-cylinder engine which is destined to play an important role in Yamaha's future. Yamaha firmly believe that this new engine concept will open up new horizons in riding enjoyment.
The crossplane concept has shaped the character and enhanced the rideability of the YZR-M1 and YZF-R1, and has played a major part in their respective success on the track and street. These motorcycles have become famous for their linear driving power which is a direct result of the 'clean' torque output created by the elimination of inertial torque to nearly zero. And it is this crossplane concept of eliminating the unwanted inertial torque to create clean torque that forms the basis of the new 3-cylinder Yamaha engine."

In the company's never-ending search for new challenges, and inspired by the sweet character of the crossplane concept featured on the M1 and R1 engines, Yamaha have developed an all-new 3-cylinder engine. By investing in this new layout, Yamaha have created a new-generation powerplant that brings with it a whole new world of possibilities.

This light, slim and compact new 3-cylinder engine is designed to add a new dimension to its category in terms of torque, sound and efficiency. By successfully combining the positive characteristics of 2-cylinder and 4-cylinder engines, Yamaha's 3-cylinder powerplant has the potential to bring race-inspired performance to the street.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post subject: Re: Yamaha going to 3 cylinders?!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Some more info - a 750?!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... 21523.html

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post subject: I am very enjoyed for this blog
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:02 am 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): Hard
Bike/Plate #: 0
I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy Click Here To Know More.

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions