Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions

Post subject: Re: Actual pics of the new ZX10r
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I sort of disagree - As unskilled the vast majority of riders are both TC and ABS will help keep them alive. Whether that's a good thing or not is another question. We are dummying down the species continuously though.

For the stupid moments I occasionally have on the street I would not mind either though I would be a lot more likely to pay extra for ABS than TC on a street bike.

For the track TC is probably not a bad idea, especially on a liter and is probably of more value than ABS.

just my $0.02

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 am 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
madski wrote:
I sort of disagree - As unskilled the vast majority of riders are both TC and ABS will help keep them alive. Whether that's a good thing or not is another question. We are dummying down the species continuously though.

For the stupid moments I occasionally have on the street I would not mind either though I would be a lot more likely to pay extra for ABS than TC on a street bike.

For the track TC is probably not a bad idea, especially on a liter and is probably of more value than ABS.

just my $0.02

i mean i agree with you too, but i mean think about how hard you would have to hit the gas on the street or in a turn to get the TC to kick in... i mean just normal riding it wouldnt do anything. yeah if you ride in the rain or something or hit gravel i guess. on the track, i can see if being beneficial.

ABS yeah it can help to, but ABS takes longer to stop and with unskilled riders, how many are going to just target fixate on the object and not even take advantage of the fact that they have ABS not swerve aroudn the object... in the rain, yes i think ABS is good. i've never locked up the front, even at the track, so on the street i dont see its value unless its an emergency situation or raining.

thats just my opinions thoughs :wink:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 am 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
after re-reading that, im looking at it from a skilled riders perspective.

if you dont have skills i can see hammering the throttle to hard or braking to hard where both of them would be usefull

WERA & NESBA #45

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions