Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions

Post subject: Re: What to do...
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:59 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Tib wrote:
I say...you and I rip into it one weekend and figure out the real list of what is needed. Then just buy the parts over the winter as you need them. Buy some body work off ebay and rattle can the paint job.

Wera will be your biggest friend for parts...as you know.

I wanted to talk to you about getting together and looking at it. I still haven't made up my mind, but I want to make sure that the forks and everything is straight so even if I sell it, I'm not selling someone a bike that could hurt/kill them.

Would it work if I brought it over to the barn or your place and drop it off while it is still somewhat warm (no snow) and then we find a weekend to look at it? I also want to see if I can determine the cause of a few other issues I've had with it.

Give me or a call or we can talk Thursday...

Post subject: Re: What to do...
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:19 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
stevedave wrote:
Tib wrote:
I say...you and I rip into it one weekend and figure out the real list of what is needed. Then just buy the parts over the winter as you need them. Buy some body work off ebay and rattle can the paint job.

Wera will be your biggest friend for parts...as you know.

I wanted to talk to you about getting together and looking at it. I still haven't made up my mind, but I want to make sure that the forks and everything is straight so even if I sell it, I'm not selling someone a bike that could hurt/kill them.

Would it work if I brought it over to the barn or your place and drop it off while it is still somewhat warm (no snow) and then we find a weekend to look at it? I also want to see if I can determine the cause of a few other issues I've had with it.

Give me or a call or we can talk Thursday...

Your forks were already tweaked if you remember when we did your springs...there were slight imperfections on the tubes from your last wreck. If they didn't get any worse then the forks should be still be useable since it was mostly a cosmetic pinch.

Bring it over for this weekend...I don't have too much going on saturday or sunday and we can rip into it.

If you sell off the parts...we need to make a video of the engine running before ripping it apart = more $$ when you sell.

Nesba #22

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions