Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: BeaveRun 6/11 & 12?
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
madski wrote:
Wolley wrote:
Troy is the CR

Landshark? Ben, he has an account here - PM him and ask him something nice about the latex onesy he was sporting the last time at Beaver :eek:

Thanks Dave. Mike, I think I'll let that one be just in case he wants to give me a first hand look :toocool: . I should be buying the guy a beer.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
foster wrote:
Thanks Nate, ya its $30 now. $195 to ride the Beav for a day :wtf: . Anyway I'm signing up for Sunday due to weather.

+1 - Planning on signing up tomorrow morning for Sunday...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:50 pm 
'Ho Proper

Bike/Plate #: 992
I just signed up for Sunday so see you guys there :toocool:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:19 pm 
Major 'Ho

sideshowbob wrote:
I just signed up for Sunday so see you guys there :toocool:

+1 :cool:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Good times as always with some fellow TW's. Maybe its just me but the Beav feels bumpier than last year I think I'm going to put some velcro somewhere so I can hang on through 8 :shock: . Unfortunately my gopro only recorded the first 1-3 minutes of each session so I have jack for video.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm 
Major 'Ho

I really had a lot of fun at BeaveRun yesterday! It was good to see all of the SCR / Trackwhores guys! As always, I wish there had been more time to BS. The 40 minutes between sessions seems to really fly. I got there and pitted with Pat, Mike and his buddy were close by, Slitherin was on the other side of us, and Ben and Walt were close by as well.

I was hoping to make it until lunch with my rear tire. I had run it at Summit, flipped it, and then run it at Nelson. It made it through the pre-lunch sessions and was still felling good, so I decide to leave it on until it started to move around. I didn't get any lap times until the 3rd session in which I was running mid 1:05's. I was feeling pretty good and decided that I would try to get into the 1:04's in the 4th session. I went out and tried to steadily pick up my pace. Early in the session I was feeling like I was riding well and going quicker than I had in the previous session. I was trying to continuously push back my brake markers for #1 and #10. It seems that for #1 I do most of my braking going up the little hill at the end of the straight and then pretty much let my brakes off at the top of the hill before I turn in. That pause between letting the brakes off and turning in always makes me feel like I started braking too early. About halfway through the session I pushed my brake marker back further than I ever have, and when I grabbed the brake lever my rear wheel came off the track, it felt like it came up pretty high, and my bike started to headshake. I eased up on the bakes, my rear wheel came back down, but I didn't have a prayer of making the turn. I ran off the track at what felt like 90 MPH and had to work the back brake, and the front a little bit, to get her slowed down before the guard rail. The corner worker waived me back on the track and I ran around the track and pitted in. That's the first time I've ever run off a track, and I can't say I'm in a big hurry to do that again. I did manage to run some 1:04.9's and 1:04.8's before my off track excursion (my best ever lap at BeaveRun was a 1:04.53).

My back tire started to move around a bit more in the 5th session and I wasn't able to get back down into the 1:04's. I put on new rear tire and gassed the bike up in between the 5th and 6th sessions (that was a busy break). I was getting a bit fatigued and got caught up behind some traffic in the 6th session but with help from the new rear tire I was able to run my fastest lap of the day - a 1:04.7.

I was pretty beat for the 7th session, but I put the GoPro on and figured I'd pull in early if needed. I got behind two riders right from the start. They were pretty quick (unbeknownst to me at the time I ran a 1:04.3 while I was behind them) but I felt like I could go quicker if I could get past them. When I finally got past I ran 3 laps before I got a hamstring cramp in turn #1 and pulled in. Each of the 3 laps was the fastest lap I had ever run at the time - 1:04.21, 1:04.17, and 1:04.16. Not a bad way to end the day!

http://www.vimeo.com/25011366

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:43 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 02 GSXR 600
Bike/Plate #: 909
Had a good time, evem with my breakdown. I'll be ordering 2 new sets soon.
Thanks for you help John. :thumbup:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Matt - great write up and some great pace!

Walt - What happened with your bike?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2005 SV 1000
Bike/Plate #: 476
Walt, great hanging out with you for the weekend. I couldn't think of a better birthday party than in the pits of the Beave! Tell you daughter Happy Birthday again. I forgot to thank her for my cake. The sugar high was just what I needed after lunch.

Matt, great meeting you (all be it the end of the day). Hope to get out there in July so maybe I'll see you then.

Great 2 days of riding. Crowd was light so everyone had great open track to play on. I did think the bumps on that track are getting bigger. The ripples in 8 gave me a bruise on my chest. However compared to Nelson, its like riding on glass so I'll take it.

NESBA CR #476
WERA Expert #476
Trackwhore 06 CBR600RR
Street 03 Roadie
2B1ASK1

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:07 am 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 02 GSXR 600
Bike/Plate #: 909
Rear wheel bearing went bad. My awsome wife drove 4 hours to retrieve my spare wheel and I was back on track Sunday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!