Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Mid-Ohio 8/16
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Had a fun day at Mid-O with Kenny, Brian, and Carl. Did the Ironman deal, for the first time this year, and drove out and back in the same day. Getting out of bed at 3:30 AM, and the first 2 hours of the drive out in the dark while I was still half asleep, both sucked. Once the sun started to come up, and I started to wake up, it wasn't bad at all. I stopped on the way there and bought some Monster energy drinks in case I felt sleepy, but I never drank them. I'd do it again for sure.

Kenny and I split a garage as did Brian and Carl. Having the garage was nice for sure!!! The weather was pretty much perfect with low humidity, not a cloud in the sky, and temps in the low 80's. In true Mid-O fashion, the track was a bit slippery in the first couple of sessions, but it didn't last long. I started off really slow in the first session and worked my way up to speed. By Mid-O standards, the track was very good for a 1st morning session, but it just gets in your head, and it takes some time to get it out and go fast. I didn't have my lap timer on for the first session, but starting with the second session my lap times improved every session. My fastest lap by session went like this 1:41.93, 1:41.55, 1:41.26, 1:40.07, 1:39.93, 1:39.64. I ran a total of 6 laps in the 1:39's, and beat my previous best lap by 0.11 seconds (not much, but progress just the same). It's interesting to me how long it took me to work up to speed and I felt like I might have been able to go faster if I had another session or two. I can't remember when I felt physically better at a track day. I didn't seem to feel the least bit of fatigue until the last session of the day. I'm sure the comfortable weather and the garage helped with that.

I was never successful, but I had a lot of fun trying to stay in front of Kenny, and then trying to stay on his rear wheel after he inevitably passed me. A couple of times I showed him a wheel and tried to pass him back immediately after he passed me. That never worked either. It was a lot of fun though!

Post subject: Re: Mid-Ohio 8/16
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 pm 
Major 'Ho

Chasing Kenny...

http://www.vimeo.com/28031767

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm 
Major 'Ho

Control rider towing me around for my 2 fastest laps ever - 1:39.64

http://www.vimeo.com/28081104

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Good vids and write up as always. I do need to make it out there one of these years.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!