Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jennings
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 am 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): Suzuki TL1000
Bike/Plate #: 955
Thanks a bunch for those tires, Bill! They were the shit! Stuck like glue and not a single spin or wobble. Rock solid no matter what I threw at them. I should have bought a second rear!

Between the track and the bike, I don't think it would have mattered what tire I was using, the TL was just eating tires. It used up a barely used Q2 the first day, the slick was gone th second, and the brand new Michelan DOT race I put on there on Saturday was all but shot by the end of the third day.

Talk about fun, but I know for the next time to bring a fresh rear and two spares.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2010 BMW S1000RR
Bike/Plate #: 75
Magilla400 wrote:
Thanks a bunch for those tires, Bill! They were the shit! Stuck like glue and not a single spin or wobble. Rock solid no matter what I threw at them. I should have bought a second rear!

Between the track and the bike, I don't think it would have mattered what tire I was using, the TL was just eating tires. It used up a barely used Q2 the first day, the slick was gone th second, and the brand new Michelan DOT race I put on there on Saturday was all but shot by the end of the third day.

Talk about fun, but I know for the next time to bring a fresh rear and two spares.

Good deal on the tires working out for you. Was the rear so bad that you couldn't flip it to use the other side up completely? Just curious on what to expect when I use my set on the S1000RR in a couple of months.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 pm 
lil'Ho

The rear seemed worn a little more on one side then the other when I started, so I only got two sessions out of the one side, then flipped it to use the other.

From what some of our fellow riders were saying, the track at Jennings is a significant contributor to tires wearing quickly. I rode on three different tires when I was there and all three were done by the end of the day. I believe you'll get much better wear out of them at our Northern tracks.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
Yep Jennings will use up tires at a 2-2.5:1 ratio compared to some of the Northern tracks.

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Great write up Mike, glad you guys had a good time. Nice save too, did you have the GoPro going? I never seem to have mine on when something cool happens.

Clint sucks about the tow vehicle trouble but glad you were able to make it down there. That same thing happened to us one cold winter night on a Jeep I used to have.

If any of you all have videos put them up, I'm going through withdrawal.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:27 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): '07 Daytona 675
Bike/Plate #: 335
I'll have a few videos up tonight, I hope. I did forget to hit record during the mock race, which pisses me off, because I felt faster there than I did all weekend. I was going to do some rudimentary timing and see if I got any :24's. Oh well, maybe next time. :mrgreen:

The 4runner troubles weren't all that bad, besides eventually spending 24 hours behind the wheel! Hell, I got to meet Kubricky, and the lady was impressed that I could drop a fuel tank on the side of a major interstate within an hour's time!

Wera Novice #335

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Your video for the race would have been a whole lot of open track :thumbup:

Ben, I didn't have the camera when I did my trick. I did have it on for a session or two that afternoon. Just need to get around to processing and uploading it. I'm sort of swamped with real life so it may take a bit.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:08 am 
'Ho Proper

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1342 Two videos so far. Hope you enjoy them.

Wera Novice #335

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am 
lil'Ho

Most excellent vids, Clint! Next time you need to get a backward facing camera... I couldn't stay in front of you long enough to get any worthwhile footage. :rant:

Of course the backward facing wouldn't do me much good either, but at least we could play it backwards and make it look like I was gaining on you... :nod: :thumbup:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 pm 
'Ho Proper

You know...

I do have a video segment where I'm trying like hell to catch you and I never quite get there. I was pretty impressed by the old guy on the old bike and his not so intermediate pace. :moon:

Wera Novice #335

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!