Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: May 12, 13th Summit Main NESBA
 Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:53 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
GixxrSixxr wrote:
wanna swing by york and get your buddy justin for sunday? :D

Getting up at 3:30 am to drive out. I'm not even stopping for gas...

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:52 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Quick write up...

Weather was awesome!! Track overall is really good, looks a lot worse than it is.

First few sessions out were a little slow to feel out the new brake rotors as well as see the track (plus I'm just slow). Brakes were good even though I didn't stop thinking about them until the afternoon sessions. Overall felt much better than I did at Beaver/Pitt Race, I think its because I like Summit better and the longer straight aways give me a chance to regroup.

The biggest part of the day was the feedback I got from CR Lenny after only following 1 lap in the 2nd afternoon session. It started something like.... "You suck and are riding really bad..." and went from there. Basically my body positioning is horrible so I spent the last two sessions working on it. I don't think my times were real fast, maybe 26's but I felt good running them so that is a plus.

It was good to meet some new guys and hope Ryan's (Rmcaninch600) wrist heals up.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:53 pm 
Major 'Ho

Oh and after the 1st session my front tire warmer crapped out. Good think Mike had extra Woodcraft sets with him, so picked up a set of those from him. Then in the afternoon Bill's rear warmer died on him, so I was able to unload mine to him to help make back a little of the money and help him out for the afternoon.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 pm 
Major 'Ho

Summit Main

My best laps of the day were 4,5, and 6 (last session of the day). I though I nailed it on lap #6, but I got stuck behind a slower rider in turn #5 and didn't get past until the front straight. :wtf:

Top Speed - 151.29

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 am 
Major 'Ho

Stop making my head hurt...

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:26 am 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 07 CBR 600RR
Bike/Plate #: 127
Thanks to every one who helped me after the crash. it was good to meet alot of you for the first time. my wrist is broken(compund fractures) luckily its the big bone of the wrist/arm and not one of the little bastards in the wrist that never heal right. but it looks like I am out of the game for awhile.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:28 am 
Major 'Ho

Rmcaninch600 wrote:
Thanks to every one who helped me after the crash. it was good to meet alot of you for the first time. my wrist is broken(compund fractures) luckily its the big bone of the wrist/arm and not one of the little bastards in the wrist that never heal right. but it looks like I am out of the game for awhile.

That Sucks - Sorry to hear that! I hope you heal well, and quickly! How'd you crash?

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Shit Ryan, that sucks....... Was hoping it was just a sprain :(

Good seeing some old faces again and meeting lots of new ones Saturday!
I'm beat from Saturday and coaching all day yesterday. I'll jot down the details of life as a rolling chicane when I get a few.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 07 CBR 600RR
Bike/Plate #: 127
bacolmm wrote:

That Sucks - Sorry to hear that! I hope you heal well, and quickly! How'd you crash?

stupid mistake in to 3 i need to start down shifting early so the slipper has time to do its thing. instead i always seem to down shit right before i turn in, and the back always slids around on me. this time it when it slid for some reason i forgot how to ride a bike and rather then just trusting the slipper and turning the bike. i tried to slow down and let the rear settle down. which of coarse then i was too deep, way of line, and all around fucked. no run of in 3 so standing it up and slowing it down in the grass wasnt an option. all i could do was try and make the turn so I hit the grass at full lean followed by sky ground sky ground sky ground..... face down in gravel. friend got it on film when i get it ill link it on here.

update: after going to ortho some of the small bones in my wrist are also broken. doctor was not very optimistic on me ever getting full motion back. so thats awesome!

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
stevedave wrote:
Stop making my head hurt...

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I think it would be remiss if we did not mentioned that Dave ran a great day on Sunday. Probably the best run Summit Main day I've been to so far :thumbup:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!