Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: May 12, 13th Summit Main NESBA
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:55 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Dave did do a good job!! Congrats on your pseudo promotion and I'm sure soon to be assistant director spot.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:43 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
Thanks guys. Need to work on my delivery a bit. Was good to see you all out there.

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Which session did Ryan have his boo boo in? Was it the first one before or after lunch?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:17 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Well it was good getting out on the track again after the long winter off. And always nice to meet up with some fellow Trackwhores! Had a nice time BS-ing between sessions with Mike, Nate, Ryan, Nate's Dad and some others whose names are escaping me. Ryan, wow really sorry to hear about your wrist, here's hoping you can hit the physical therapy hard during recovery and prove that Doc wrong. You were really moving out there.

As for the riding the first session out on track I felt like a duck out of water and was simply trying to stay out of everyone's way while knocking the rust off. Each session thereafter felt progressively better and the lap times continued to reflect that. I wasn't out to set a new personal best and for the most part circulated in the :23-:24 range with one session dropping into the :22's so I was happy with that. Unfortunately that will be my last trip to Summit for the foreseeable future which is a bummer because I really love it there. When you can string together the back section of the track perfectly and really nail it, its a beautiful thing. I felt like I nailed it only a couple of times but found myself with a big shit eating grin when I did. And of course the nice long straight provides ample opportunity for my cheater motor to do its thing.

I was excited to get home and plug all the data I accumulated from my shiny new GPS "puck" that Mikey sold me. Only to find out the software is Windows only...DOH!! So I have nothing to add to Matt's stats at this time :headshake: .

And Dave I thought your delivery was fine, I liked the part about don't stay where you crashed because sometimes we like to be social :thumbup: .

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 07 CBR 600RR
Bike/Plate #: 127
madski wrote:
Which session did Ryan have his boo boo in? Was it the first one before or after lunch?

First one after lunch of coarse. no cerdits for me

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm 
Major 'Ho

Rmcaninch600 wrote:
madski wrote:

First one after lunch of coarse. no cerdits for me

That happened to me on an SED day. $275 for only a 1/2 day :rant:

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Interesting Matt - your top speed is almost 9mph higher than mine. I did not get out of the 25's on Saturday but my top speed was 142.1

Ben - dual boot?

Attachment:
best_session.jpg
best_session.jpg [ 643.55 KiB | Viewed 11576 times ]

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Mike - the 151 mph was a bit of an anomaly. I'm pretty sure I know the lap it happened. I had like a 4 bike draft in front of me and got towed deep into the braking zone. My typical top speeds were 144 - 147 mph. I guess that means that I’m getting on the brakes too early on most laps. Probably need to push my brake-marker back a bit…

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
madski wrote:
Interesting Matt - your top speed is almost 9mph higher than mine. I did not get out of the 25's on Saturday but my top speed was 142.1

Ben - dual boot?

That's the plan. Its going to take some time to get it all squared away but for now I loaded it onto my wife's work computer :twisted: . There's a lot of interesting data that I have no idea what to do with ha! Its kind of fun to watch the little dots race each other around the track though. I hit my top speed of 151.11 in the morning and ran a 1:25. In the afternoon for my best laps my top speed was never higher than 146.

Pretty accurate lap times compared to the lap timer too. My best time of the day was a 1:22.33 and the GPS said 1:22.36.

I'm not sure this will translate to faster lap times for me, because at the end of the day I know where I'm slow. But its cool nonetheless.

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 pm 
Major 'Ho

Cool use of technology here. Canali posted up a video where he uses some kind of software called DashWare with his GPX and GoPro to overlay the data. Amazing how far technology has come in a few years...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!