Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Re: Track Tactics Pitt Race 5/5 - 6
 Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:35 pm 
'Ho Proper

Bike/Plate #: 992
I'm a little late on the write up but.It was definately worth the money,although I got a deal from Dave Moss on a free suspension set up.He posted on FaceBook he needed a wheel chock to do suspension for the weekend.I had one but figured a bunch of people would post up they had one,no one did so I pm'ed him I would bring him one Friday night.He texted me and I met up with him that night.Talked to him for hour,great regular guy.He said my set up was free for the use of the wheel chock.

Sunday I started out slow,we were all busy at the track between sessions,soon as you got off the track you wen't to Moss and he set up the bike.I don't know how he remembered everyones set up.From there we got the warmers on and headed up to the room with Chris Peris.Amazing when a guy says something and it clicks.Some things I knew I was doing wrong but I needed a reminder.The second session after lunch I felt pretty good and started really trying.Thanks to Madski for the deal on the laptimer I was able to record my fastest lap at Beaver 1.042,and I had 4 or 5 1.04's in thats session.Was really looking forward to going out again but when I backed out of the garage I had no clutch,lever was loose.Put it up on the stand and started checking some things and making adjustments.I was testing the wheel spin and heard a crack,clutch lever housing split.I was done for the day so I hung around and when I got home tore it apart.Found the spedo bolt for the front sprocket backed out into the case.When I spun the wheel backwards on the stand it cracked the housing.Found one on Ebay Sunday night and bought it.

Here is the video I shot from that session
http://vimeo.com/41751492

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Nice riding Pat! Have you tried to do an overlay with the data yet?
I'm going to try it with whatever I capture on Saturday. I shall shortly there after earn the title of "Capt Slow"

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:00 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Pat, Congrats on the 104.2! I'm not surprised, you were moving out there! Sorry about the mix-up on the cord for your lap-timer, I’ll get it to you next time I see you! I guess you found a cord that would work though. I’d love to compare your data to mine sometime and see where I’m losing time. I’m pretty sure #8 and #2-#5 are the biggest culprits.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:27 am 
'Ho Proper

Mike I'm still trying to doing some figuring out on it.I'm a mechanic so my computer skills are limited lol.I do like all the data though.

Matt yep we can compare.I think I hit 137 mph at one point.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
madski wrote:
Nice riding Pat! Have you tried to do an overlay with the data yet?
I'm going to try it with whatever I capture on Saturday. I shall shortly there after earn the title of "Capt Slow"

"Capt Slow"? I already got that nickname at Beaver a few weeks ago when I was running "B" pace in the "A" group... :dunce:

And don't expect much better at Summit...

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:12 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
sideshowbob wrote:
I'm a little late on the write up but.It was definately worth the money,although I got a deal from Dave Moss on a free suspension set up.He posted on FaceBook he needed a wheel chock to do suspension for the weekend.I had one but figured a bunch of people would post up they had one,no one did so I pm'ed him I would bring him one Friday night.He texted me and I met up with him that night.Talked to him for hour,great regular guy.He said my set up was free for the use of the wheel chock.

Sunday I started out slow,we were all busy at the track between sessions,soon as you got off the track you wen't to Moss and he set up the bike.I don't know how he remembered everyones set up.From there we got the warmers on and headed up to the room with Chris Peris.Amazing when a guy says something and it clicks.Some things I knew I was doing wrong but I needed a reminder.The second session after lunch I felt pretty good and started really trying.Thanks to Madski for the deal on the laptimer I was able to record my fastest lap at Beaver 1.042,and I had 4 or 5 1.04's in thats session.Was really looking forward to going out again but when I backed out of the garage I had no clutch,lever was loose.Put it up on the stand and started checking some things and making adjustments.I was testing the wheel spin and heard a crack,clutch lever housing split.I was done for the day so I hung around and when I got home tore it apart.Found the spedo bolt for the front sprocket backed out into the case.When I spun the wheel backwards on the stand it cracked the housing.Found one on Ebay Sunday night and bought it.

Nice work Pat! Hopefully Moss cured your headshake problems you were having? Or did you have those sorted out before this?

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 pm 
'Ho Proper

foster wrote:
sideshowbob wrote:

Nice work Pat! Hopefully Moss cured your headshake problems you were having? Or did you have those sorted out before this?

I had Ak-20's installed and a Penske double put in last fall when I wrecked at Beaver.Tom Hueghy from WERA installed a set it up.Moss made some adjustments but it's all me now. :boobies: No more excuses.I was able to get on the throttle hard now coming out onto the front straightaway so now I need to work on my brake markers.

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:07 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
OK, here’s the fun part! The green line is my best lap at BeaveRun during the Track Tactics day, a 1:04.709. The orange line is Pat’s best lap, a 1:04.200. I’m faster from the start line through turn #1 but Pat pulls ahead by the exit of turn #2. I wonder if I’m charging #1 a bit, and messing up my line for #2 as my apex speed is 3.5 mph lower than Pat’s. We’re both up to around 80 mph before braking for #4. Pat is 3 mph faster before braking for #5. He must be a little harder on the brakes as I’m 2 mph quicker going into #5. Pat’s about 5 mph faster in #6 and carries more speed through #7. I’m a little quicker through #8, and about 5 mph faster on the run into #9 (cheater 750 motor). I roll off earlier (and more) going into #9, Pat is 7 mph faster, and makes a bunch of time here. I’m faster from the exit of #9 to the apex of #10, but Pat gets a better drive out, is a bit faster pretty much all the way to the braking zone for #1, but there’s not much between us in this section. Pat’s lap is 0.509 seconds quicker than mine and he makes 0.407 seconds (80%) of that between the exit of turn #5 and the apex of turn #9…

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I need to get some data from da'Beave so both of you guys can be faster in each split than at least one person here.

That's actually really cool in letting you compare data from different riders and different sessions/days, etc.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!