Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: NESBA - NJMP Thunderbolt A/I Endurance Day - 05.29.2012
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
At this point Justin and I are planning on doing this endurance day. Hopefully this goes better than my last endurance day at Beaver (I wrecked right after lunch) and my last day at NJMP (wrecked my bike at 100+). I'm out to right the record...

Anyway, hope some others choose to join us.

Post subject: Re: NESBA - NJMP Thunderbolt A/I Endurance Day - 05.29.2012
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:07 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
im upgraded to elite and signed up

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 pm 
Major 'Ho

I'm also signed up. Hoping for a great day!!

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
Major 'Ho

Note post on NESBA board about seminars during the day...

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=24502

Also, apparently endurance days have green track to 6 PM instead of 5 PM...SWEET!!

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:04 am 
Major 'Ho

Not much to write up since as most of you know I wrecked right after lunch. Morning sessions were going good, I could really feel myself getting back into the groove when I was focusing on my body position and getting my shoulder/head where it needed to me. Made everything feel smoother and a little less effortless. Was really looking forward to the afternoon because I felt I was really getting back to "A" pace.

I had new tires mounted at lunch and since I got them on late and needed the warmers to sit on them for a little I went to the 1 PM seminar NESBA was holding with Lenny about body position (which I was planning on attending anyway).

After the seminar Lenny told me he'd follow me around and give me feedback since we didn't get much of an opportunity at Summit. The whole time Lenny would ride up next to me going into braking zones or out of corners to show me where I could be faster and to also take a look at my body position. It was no big deal and from working with Lenny I knew exactly what he was doing. So when on lap 5 or 6 coming through the long carousel I hear a bike come up the outside of me just as it starts turning in for the decreasing radius right hander at the end of the carousel, I assumed it was Lenny just showing me I could go deeper in that area. So I stick to my line, turn in as I would have and next thing I know this bike shoots across my front end and took out my front wheel. I have no idea how the guy thought he was going to make that turn around me, there was no room at all and he had to see me. My guess is he had committed to passing me around the outside and when we got in to deep he didn't want to run off track so he just turned in taking us both out.

That is one of the slowest corners, so the front end just tucked under and low sided out. I was thankful Lenny didn't run me over as I tumbled in the middle of the corner for a little bit. I have to say I was pretty pissed at the guy after we get up and he asks me why I hit him mid-corner. I never did get a real apology from him even after both the corner worker told him he made a bad move and then Lenny chewed him when we got back to the tech garage. Plus to add insult to that he was able to re-tech and ride the whole afternoon.

I'm just sour about the whole thing. This is the 2nd endurance day that I've wrecked right after lunch costing me most of the day, and the fact that I had nothing to do with this one made it worse. Plus in my opinion the guy wasn't a real stand up person after it initially blaming me and then never really apologizing for ruining my day. Oh well, guess you'll have this.

The bike is actually still on the trailer since it was raining when I got home last night and I have no front brakes to unload it. The initial look over is that the only major thing wrong is I need a new clip that holds on the front brake reservoir as well as a lid and screw/bracket for the reservoir. Everything else was just cosmetic (even though it ruined my pretty blue paint job and dented my tank :( )

Anyway, I'm just really frustrated right now with this whole sport and I'm not having as much fun as I used to right now, so I need to consider my options, but I'll do that in a few days.

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Sux about the wreck but the important part is that you’re OK and the bike does not sound overly wounded.

Though people are generally great at the track the human capacity for assholeness is without bounds. Owning up to your mess is part of being an adult. Unfortunate when our fellow riders, especially those who have been around long enough to have made it to A, can’t swallow their pride and at least apologize for their actions. Obviously goes without mentioning that respecting other riders on track is what makes it safe(r) for all involved. We all get wrapped up to a degree in the rush of chasing down the bike in front of us and passing but we should always do so with the same margin of safety and degree of courtesy as we would expect ourselves. I always get shit about being too nice when I’m looking to make a pass but honestly I wish a few others would have the same problem.

It was great to get back on track with you at Summit a few weeks ago. Hope you give it a bit of time, fix the little shit on the bike and come back to the track.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm 
Major 'Ho

I'll be back at some point this season. Just have to figure out when.

Mike...I'm sending you a PM since I don't have your email with the parts list. Overall very minor incident, just sucks my bike is all scratched up. She was so sexy before :(

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:15 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Sucks Nate! Sounds like you were having a lot fun before you got taken out! I like the tracks at NJMP, but sometimes I believe it attracts some questionable riders, due in part to its location. I had a run in there with a guy on an R1 that I have on Vimeo. In my case, he ended up off the track and almost crashing due to his stupidity, but it easily could have gone the other way...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 06 675 (Track) - 910R-VRSC-FLSTF-FLTR (Street)
Bike/Plate #: 0
Stevedave - I hope after hearing my experience that day you will not feel as bad.

Like you I had a great day going - Dave (Wolley) gave me a talking to early on with some good advice. I rode really well (for me) and was having a great time - I was dragging knee and running sub 1:40 all day.

I was out on the track around 4:15 when I decided to bring it in - I was tired and figured I would go in and then decide if I would go out again or crack open a cold one. After turn one I brought it down a hair - as I approached the big right hander I stuck a leg out - I went through the right hand carousel and began to brake for the hard right when my throttle got stuck open!

Long story short I lost the front and the next thing I know I'm waiting for the tumbling to stop. A crappy end to a great day.

Unlike your situation mine was self inflicted - could a hit the kill switch.

Take some time feel better and come on back out!

I also think that ray has your ordeal on film.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
You OK Jim?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!