Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Mid-Ohio 6/4
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:32 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
I had a great day at Mid-Ohio yesterday! Pat and I had talked about doing 6/4 and 6/5 until I ran into issues finding someone to put my kids on the bus in morning. I knew I wouldn’t be able to do both days, and wasn’t optimistic I could even do one of them. Pat ended up changing his plans, and then I saw my father-in-law on Sat and he said he help me on Mon, so I signed up Sat night. I left the house a little after 4 AM and made it to the track a bit after 7 AM. I met Carl and Brian at the track and they were nice enough to let me share their garage. It could have been a bit warmer, but overall the weather was really nice, especially after the blast-furnace at BeaveRun the previous weekend. It was a typical Mid-O morning with the track being a bit slick but not too bad by Mid-O standards. We gradually picked up the pace and the track felt pretty good by the 3rd session. I forgot how much fun that track is! I was starting to think that Summit Point was new favorite, but Mid-O solidified it position at the top yesterday.

I didn’t want to beat up a new tire in the slick early morning sessions, so I ran a beat up take off that I was worried wouldn’t make it through Tech. It passed and felt surprisingly solid. I ended up running it for the first 5 sessions before it started moving around a bit more (but still not bad at all). I put a new tire on for the last 2 sessions and was able to go about half a second a lap faster.

I was having so much fun riding that I told myself I wasn’t going to worry about my lap-times. I put the GPS on for the last 3 sessions and didn’t look at it until before the last session. I had run some 1:43’s and was able to get into the 1:42’s in the last session. I was surprised to see that my top speed was only in 141mph-ish, or 10mph less than Summit? I was seeing 160mph+ on the speedo on the back straight. I’ll have to look a bit closer when I get some time.

It was a really fun day, with comfortable weather conditions. The day seemed to be over very quickly and I felt pretty fresh at the end of the day. I would have liked to ride a few more sessions and/or been able to stay for Tuesday…

Post subject: Re: Mid-Ohio 6/4
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 pm 
Major 'Ho

Mid-Ohio Qstar Data

Post subject: Re: Mid-Ohio 6/4
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:55 pm 
Major 'Ho

Vid

https://vimeo.com/43645739

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!