Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: NESBA Beave 7/21, 22
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
I didn't see a thread for this so I'm assuming nobody is in for it. There is a possibility I could squeeze Saturday in, I'm on the fence. How long does online registration stay open?

Post subject: Re: NESBA Beave 7/21, 22
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I can't do this one... I think you can register through the day before..

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:11 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
It's not full yet, so technically you could pay the day of.

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:10 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Planning on going tomorrow...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:33 pm 
'Ho Proper

Bike/Plate #: 992
I'm going Sunday

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
It was brought to my attention that I’m a bit late with the write up on this one. I’ve been getting beaten like a rented mule at work after having been out of the office all last week (Mid-Ohio Mon/Tue, Eaton’s WHQ in Cleveland Wed-Fri). Anyway, had a great time at da Beave on Sunday with Pat, Kenny, Scott, Mike, Carl, and Frank (hope I’m not forgetting anyone). During the last 3 or 4 trackdays I’ve done, my leathers have basically fallen apart. They are the first set I’ve owned (got them when I was still kicking the F4i) and thousands of miles and year’s worth of sweat have turned the leather into jerky. A few trackdays ago the leather in the wrists and forearms started to feel pretty stiff and then just started falling apart. I picked my backup leathers up on Friday after they had a little work done.

My first session was a mess. It felt like I hadn’t been to BVR in forever! My leathers were annoying because I wasn’t used to them. Having just ridden Mid-Ohio on Mon/Tue, I couldn’t believe how much work BVR seemed to be! The second session went much better so I strapped the Qstar on and ran a 1.03.9 on a shagged rear tire in the third session. I changed the tire out at lunch (can’t believe how much faster tires wear at BVR than Mid-O) and was able to run 4 more laps down into the 1.03’s, with a best of 1.03.6. That’s my best BVR lap so far this year, so pretty psyched about that! I wasn’t able to get back into the 1:03’s in the remaining sessions, and my rear tire started moving around coming out of #10 in the last session

Once again, Pat and I had fun passing each other back and forth. Unlike Mid-O, where his bike seemed to be faster than mine at the end of the back straight, I seemed to be able to reel him in a bit on the front and back straights. Not sure what to make of that? Maybe gearing / torque (the front straight is uphill at the start), maybe his bike starts pulling mine above 135ish which is about as fast as I went at BVR? Anyway, Pat was riding great and was difficult to keep up with / stay in front of. The Red Barron (Kenny) came blazing by regularly as usual. I do believe he pulled me along for at least some of the laps I was able to dip into the 1:03’s. I didn’t see Carl out there as much, but he did pass me on the brakes in to #10 in the first session. I did end up making a few interesting passes on a guy riding a CBR. . I was just a little quicker than him, so he wasn’t easy to pass. I don’t know about you, but when someone pulls up next to me at a track day, I typically let them by. This guy fought it all the way. I would pull along the inside of him going into #9 and he refused to let off. The first couple of times I let off, let him have the line into #9, and then got him on the brakes into #10. I got tired of that, and we ended up going through #9 two-wide a couple of times. I can’t imagine that’s any fun when you’re on the outside…

Another fun trackday in the books!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Nice write up as always Matt :thumbup:

Hope to see you guys there in a few weeks!

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!