Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: 2014 Plans
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:38 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
So who is doing what this year and who are you planning on riding with? In a NESBA guy but seems they are really struggling in the business so not sure how much they will have to offer.

Post subject: Re: 2014 Plans
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I also prefer to ride with NESBA. Looks like they will have dates at the tracks I ride most (Beaver, Summit, etc.). I really want to try to get a few more days in this year. Last year was pretty much a bust :(

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 pm 
Major 'Ho

While they do have offerings at Beaver, Summit, etc, it doesn't seem as much as prior years. I get the feeling they took a pretty hard hit last year.

They are not offering the cheaper weekdays with the Elite membership again and for the most part the prices for Elite used to be the standard prices and standard are about $30-$40 higher. I'm not necessarily complaining, I know they are trying to navigate a touch economy where people are spending as much on discretionary things.

I'd like to get in 5 or 6 days, but I don't see much more than that. So it might be a 3 weekend year for me.

Also, not many Summit Main dates, but maybe the new extended Summit Jefferson will make up for that.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

I'm going to try to get something around 6 or 8 days in myself. Probably mostly between Beaver and Summit Main.
Hopefully whatever is ailing the Trumpet does not put too big a whole in my track day budget.
I did a lot of MSF coaching last year which ate up my weekends. Really did not think things through before I volunteered for a ton of days.
There's a ton of stuff going on with MSP currently and I doubt I'm masochistic enough to be as generous with my weekends with them ever again.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 pm 
Major 'Ho

What is the deal with your bike?

Last time I rode mine (end of 2012) it had a serious vibration in the front which I was pretty sure was due to a poorly balanced front wheel since it started right after I got new tires put on. Sure enough I swapped out the tires and before doing so looked at the front wheel and it was way out of balance. So I'm optimistic the bike should be running well. Started it up yesterday after sitting all winter and it fired right up on the 2nd try.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Mine was chocking at Beaver the last time I was out when I would try to go from maintenance throttle to driving off the corner. Some pretty interesting moments.
Pat and I tried to sort it out but alas nothing materialized. The bike revv'd fine in the pit but put a load on it and it would just sputter and cough.
I'm guessing its something fuel related. I took it to the one place I trust to actually work on my bikes when I can't do it myself.
They can put it on a dyno and test it under load. I'd have to wait till it got warm out, get a fuel pressure gauge and then try and replicate the conditions on a public road with a bike that is about 180 degrees from street legal. I figure I'll let Jason try and sort it out :)

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:38 pm 
Major 'Ho

Good luck with the bike, those kinds of problems (those you can't easily replicate) can be frustrating.

Let me know if you have any certain dates you are looking at. I'm trying really hard to get out this year. Of course I have another decent sized house project that is eating into the extra $$, but I'm going to try to figure something out.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:21 pm 
Major 'Ho

So with the weirdness over at NESBA around mysteriously cancelling Barber and others, not getting a good feeling that I want to give them any of my money right now. Outside of TPM and Motorcycle Xcitement (Roger Lyle), what other TD orgs are available and you would ride with?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:51 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
There’s some info regarding the NESBA drama at the attached link. Seems they are suffering from a sever lack of communication/direction/organization. Southeast Region Director John Allen has resigned as a result. It’s a shame, because I really like riding with NESBA. Not to mention, I have an elite membership and $200 credit that I don’t want to go to waste. I’d like to do their Summit Jefferson weekends and Beaver weekends if they happen. Motoseries has 2 Sat track days scheduled at Beaver. TPM has a weekend there. The next closest track for me is Nelson Ledges, so I’d like to ride there with Motoseries when I can (that track is growing on me). I’d also like to do as many days at Mid-Ohio as I can. Roger Lyle is looking like the ticket for Summit Main…

http://www.ncsportbikes.com/forums/view ... 26&t=41123

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 am 
Site Admin

I'm not a huge motoseries fan. I've never ridden with TPM but I keep hearing good things.
Weirdness is an understatement for NESBA. BB is his own worst enemy. Sanders has been about the only likable person in management there recently. There is too much top down bullshit and need-to-know attitude of late. I hope it ends better than it looks it will :(

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!