Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: NESBA Summit Main July 6th
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:04 am 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 ZX6R (track ho) ZZR1200 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 152
Good to hear your ok Paul. How is you bike? It looked like it came out ok.

Has anyone talked to twotyres? Just wondering how he is doing.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
lee apparently has a broken wrist and a couple of fractures in his ankle. justin spoke to him yesterday.
hope he's doing OK..... sux that we had 2 guys get hurt.
especially since at least Paul's accident was easily preventable.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:24 pm 
'Ho Proper

There is a thread on the NESBA forum about the crash. The rider who made the bad pass has an apology at about page 9 or 10. Along with his side of the story.

Is it true that Gixxer brakes have fade issues that bad?? A couple of hard brake applications and they are prone severe fading :wtf: If thats true why hasn't Suzuki addressed it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

I've never had the same bike as the idiot that nailed Paul but I do happen to own a GSXR.
I'm fairly sure that everything with a Nissen master sucks. At least that's my 0.02.
I have a Brembo RCS master on mine cause I hate the feel of the GSXR system. I had a full k7 GSXR 600/750 front end, including brakes and master on my SV. But it's mostly feel and not absolute fade that bothered me about it. I never had a huge issue with fade. It had a bit but nothing that would have even remotely prevented me from slowing down in T3 at Summit.
That said, you can literally see the asswipe accelerate into the apex when he thought he saw an opening.
Soft brakes are one thing but that certainly was not it. If his brakes were that shot how the fuck did he slow down into T1? I'm guessing he was cooking down that big straight on his 1k and you have to shed a whole hell of a lot more speed going into T1 than into T3.
I commend the guy for having the balls to post up an apology. I just don't buy the story on the brakes. He should have not tried to make any excuses, especailly since it was already documented that he had been pulling that same shit all day - or were his brakes consistently failing every lap? A simple "I fucked up, I'm sorry" would have gone over a lot better.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:55 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): R6, ZZR600(street)
Bike/Plate #: 28
Quote:
lee apparently has a broken wrist and a couple of fractures in his ankle. justin spoke to him yesterday.

Hey Lee, I hope you are feeling better. It sucks to be hurt, but I guess we both could have been much worst.

At least my bike doesn't seem to have too much important damage, unlike yours. A lot of small shit. What really sucks is my helmut has a lot of grinding marks on the left side. I suppose I need to buy another one. That makes two so far this year. Christ my hat bill is getting exorbitant.

Hey Zedpilot, thanks again for your help getting loaded after the mess on Monday. I owe you one!

My left arm is getting better each day. I actually was able to dress myself this morning. You can't imagine the pride of putting on a non-button shirt by yourself. :grin:

Paul

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:36 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
zedpilot wrote:
There is a thread on the NESBA forum about the crash. The rider who made the bad pass has an apology at about page 9 or 10. Along with his side of the story.

Is it true that Gixxer brakes have fade issues that bad?? A couple of hard brake applications and they are prone severe fading :wtf: If thats true why hasn't Suzuki addressed it.

i have stainless lines and race pads on my gixxer and with the nissin MC they would fade really good about halfway through a session. switched to a R1 mc and no problems

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:41 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
If he knew they were fading before (since he posted up about the issue before) why would you fix the problem before hand?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:43 am 
'Ho Proper

silvr6 wrote:
If he knew they were fading before (since he posted up about the issue before) why would you fix the problem before hand?

That is my thought exactly, what the hell was he doing out there with a known problem.

Hopefully he will never come back to any track, talk about bad judgement all the the way.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

anyone heard anything new from Lee?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:36 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
madski wrote:
anyone heard anything new from Lee?

Last I talked to him was on Thursday. He has his foot/wrist in soft casts and has to go back to the ortho this Thursday to see if he needs surgery. He is at home now, he did spend a day or two at his parents.

Overall seemed like his spirits were up and he said that if all goes well he is optimistic to be back in action in September.

As far as his bike he was going to call the insurance company and see where that took him since it was still covered. I plan on calling him in the next couple of days to get an update.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!