Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CMP November 21 and 22
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:58 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
11BGixx wrote:
say hypothetically i would sign up for this..what group should i sign up for? Also can anyone fit an extra bike or want to throw a couple in mine? Its a long trip haha. might help the pursuasion if everything is organized just perfect... :thumbup:

Pretty sure mike will run A if justin comes he will be in A. I told my dad i will run I with him on saturday and help him out some and run A on sunday so thats always an option for you also.

Last year after 3 track days with nesba i signed up for I with STT and was one of the fastest in their I group. So i think you will be ok in either, STT I lets you pass inside or outside with a 6ft distance. In A you can pass anywhere as close as you want

Last year there was an AMA guy or two that was wicked fast so as long as you don't mind the close proximity you will be alright.

agree with mike STT is alot better then fasttrax but you don't get the feed back of nesba. But i think faster guys show up with STT then nesba also. Atleast in the southern region

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:16 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
Just a heads up we will be leaving the 20th around noon time to head down, i know from carlisle is about 8 hours driving time. We will be getting a hotel somewhere around the track i think there were a couple motels maybe 3 or 4 miles away. There is no comfort Inn or super 8's the track is out in the middle of two small towns. You can drive right past it if your not looking for it especially at 1 am. So if we want to meet up and get a caravan going down we can plan that out.

There are garages for rent, for 50 bucks a day and it includes power, we could easily get 4 bikes in a garage. I don't think they have power all the way around the track.

Not sure what everyone wants to do but i will prob opt for a garage again this year

They do have tire service available at the track and they have a lunch shack that did breakfast also and had pretty good food.

STT is a michelin dealer and offer some pretty sweet deals, i think at Nashville they had slicks for 250 mounted. They also will have Power races and im sure some new power one's or whatever they are called.

I could prob get a 20ft enclosed trailer that could prob fit 6 bikes but i don't have a truck to pull it nor could we all prob fit in one truck. The trailer might be even 24ft so a 2500 or F250 would be needed to haul the thing.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:43 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
im going to go as long as kyle gets my bike to karns and the forks/frame are straight and i can get it back together in time without draining my pockets

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:41 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
silvr6 wrote:
11BGixx wrote:
say hypothetically i would sign up for this..what group should i sign up for? Also can anyone fit an extra bike or want to throw a couple in mine? Its a long trip haha. might help the pursuasion if everything is organized just perfect... :thumbup:

Pretty sure mike will run A if justin comes he will be in A. I told my dad i will run I with him on saturday and help him out some and run A on sunday so thats always an option for you also.

Last year after 3 track days with nesba i signed up for I with STT and was one of the fastest in their I group. So i think you will be ok in either, STT I lets you pass inside or outside with a 6ft distance. In A you can pass anywhere as close as you want

Last year there was an AMA guy or two that was wicked fast so as long as you don't mind the close proximity you will be alright.

agree with mike STT is alot better then fasttrax but you don't get the feed back of nesba. But i think faster guys show up with STT then nesba also. Atleast in the southern region

I would suspect there's a good chance some fast mofo's could show up, especially if the weather is good. As the weather turns to shit up north the only option is to head South for track time. Every time I've been to Jennings in the winter there have been some mad fast dudes there. I've run "I" there and it was the fastest "I" group I've ever been in - NESBA included...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

when we were at CMP last year Abe Stacey was there running, if you watched AMA this year he was racing that

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:13 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
GixxrSixxr wrote:
when we were at CMP last year Abe Stacey was there running, if you watched AMA this year he was racing that

It's crazy being out there with those guys isn't it? Robert Jensen's definitely the fastest guy I've been on the track with. Just amazing to watch those guys go by. Apparantly, Josh Herrin is known to show up at Jennings in the winter. We were talking some locals there that had been on the track with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjJYz_ce2c

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Matt if you and Pat go what group are you guys signing up for?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

bacolmm wrote:
GixxrSixxr wrote:

It's crazy being out there with those guys isn't it? Robert Jensen's definitely the fastest guy I've been on the track with. Just amazing to watch those guys go by. Apparantly, Josh Herrin is known to show up at Jennings in the winter. We were talking some locals there that had been on the track with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjJYz_ce2c

abe passed me as i was coming out of a 2nd gear turn onto the straight and he wheelied that thing the whole way down the straight, leaving me in the dust lol (600 too!)

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

madski wrote:
Matt if you and Pat go what group are you guys signing up for?

you should run A

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Kyle I'm about 100% in. I also want to see what we can work out with "truck-pooling" to get down there. I don't have access to anything other than my 5X8 open job and I'm not driving a vehicle capable of pulling anything really significant anyway.

We could see who's coming from here and head in your direction to meet up. Then consolidate the bikes into the bigger trailers and take whatever additional vehicles we need for the bodies.

I'd also be up for kicking in for garage space.

Let's sort this out ladies :thumbup:

P.S. Jr., thanks for the vote of confidence :nod:

P.S.S. this shit is worse than crack - get the event canceled even though it probably was not worth riding anyway a few hours ago and here I am already whoring up for the next one :toocool:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!