Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fasttrax Oct 3rd @ BeaveRun?
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
zedpilot wrote:
The tech requirements look the same as NESBA's except for a requirement to have your cooling system safety wired. Radiator and drain plug. Not hard to do, but I don't remember this with any others.

Just a heads up..

I did mine when I put the 675 together. I do find odd that they say:

Motorcycle Preparations:

• Oil Drain Plug, Oil Filter, Oil Fill Cap, Radiator Cap, and Coolant Drain Plug must be

Safety wired or full race tech requirements per our rule book.

I watched a couple of videos from the last time they were at Beaver and their A is certainly not the same as NESBA's.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Nate and I are going to be at the Holliday Inn - where's everyone else that's coming down Friday staying? Pretty sure the two of us are going to be at some nearby drinking establishment to watch the Pens season openner. I'm thinking the Irish Inn (right beside the Super 8).

I'm going to try to be at the track by 6:30 so that I can unload and make it somewhere in time to watch the Stanley Cup banner go up :thumbup:

Eli, do you and Andy want to meet up at my place and follow me there?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
madski wrote:
zedpilot wrote:
The tech requirements look the same as NESBA's except for a requirement to have your cooling system safety wired. Radiator and drain plug. Not hard to do, but I don't remember this with any others.

Just a heads up..

I did mine when I put the 675 together. I do find odd that they say:

Motorcycle Preparations:

• Oil Drain Plug, Oil Filter, Oil Fill Cap, Radiator Cap, and Coolant Drain Plug must be

Safety wired or full race tech requirements per our rule book.

I watched a couple of videos from the last time they were at Beaver and their A is certainly not the same as NESBA's.

I did everything except hit the coolant drain plug with RTV instead of safety wire. The Tech inspection at the day I did was pretty relaxed. I could have probably done a lot less and still passed.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:28 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 2004 GSXR600
Bike/Plate #: 11
Mike - Cassandra will be at ship until 4 then shell be heading here and well leave as soon as she gets here. but it will be later than you are looking to leave obviously. Hoping to get there by 8ish.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 am 
'Ho Proper

So last night when i was unloading the bike i was feeling frisky and decided to highside it while driving it the 15 feet to my garage... :wtf: , lol no joke. I fired it up and the throttle was acting a little weird like sticking a bit. but i didnt think i would need to fix that before parking it in my garage, but thatll learn me. Just got done putting a fresh set of tires on, we overfilled them a little with air so i could just adjust them from there at the track, and as expected the tires were greasy like always when theyre brand new not to mention the 35 degrees of temp that was probably in them from sitting on the trailer. I went to turn the bike around, the throttle was sticky got stuck did a little rolling burnout/drift/highside at about 5 mph. bike is scuffed up a bit, of course the same day i finish painting it and put it all back together. The one frame slider took the brunt of the fall, and the windshield pretty much shattered. On the brightside i have its twin bike sitting in my garage. The throttle issue was fixed by simply loosening the bar end about a half cunt hair. Must have twisted it tighter or sumthing loading and unloading the bike. But everything is fixed with the bike and shes good to go. Worst thing that happened from the spill was the road rash on my hands, knee, and back. But of course nothing to keep me from coming out this weekend. That will teach me not to suit up when im unloading the bike. :eek:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 am 
Site Admin

damn.... bet the end on the canyon dancer pushed the bar end in and that's what made the throttle sticky. hope it did not trash the paint to much.
guess you can consider the bike christened now :eek:
glad you faired OK.
yell if you need any help with it or if you want me to look it over before we go on Friday. I can probably swing up if you need me to.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:20 pm 
'Ho Proper

i looked it over pretty good and im pretty sure i fixed all the issues. Im gonna take it out for a spin just to make sure. Id say thats a pretty good guess with the canyon dancer. Have to keep an eye on that then. Wouldnt want a sticky throttle runnin around da beave. My left hand has some good chunks taken out of it. But nothing some tape and gauze cant fix. :thumbup:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:41 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Bike/Plate #: 13
wish i could be heading out there with you guys this weekend. but the bike is gonna be in the shop for about a week or so gettin new plugs, valves adjusted, right side engine cover put on, and the oil changed. Gonna be a lil pricey, but shell run like new afterwards. Have fun guys!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

eli - do you get your stand or do you still want me to bring my second one?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
When I put my new grips on, I bought a cycle cinch because the canyon dancers always pull the grips in and makes the throttle stick. It works like a charm :thumbup:

http://www.cyclecynch.com/CCpages/CCproduct.html

STG has them, so give Nick a call...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!