Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Jennings GP Track Day in Florida Feb 18, 19 and 20, 2010
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
Slitherin wrote:
GixxrSixxr wrote:
i was sleeping in the back of lees truck on the way home and i feel the track swaying like a mother and i hear the engine revving loud and it felt like we were going really fast. i sat up and was like what the fuck are you doing, and lee's alll like "its slitherin, we are racing him" lol that was fun to wake up to :biglaugh:

Haa! Serves you right for sleep'n! That was a good way to get through Richmond. I was in the co-pilot seat but I think Tony got tired of reading "Stop Painting. Try Spray on Siding" Or something to that effect. If I don't see you before, I'll catch your ass at Summit in April right?

yeah ill def be at summit, im trying to get to VIR. i have a ride, next task is to get enough money for tires and entry fees. i go back to work march 1 so i think i can do it.

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:16 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 06 675 (Track) - 910R-VRSC-FLSTF-FLTR (Street)
Bike/Plate #: 0
This was really a GREAT TIME! The riding really was excellent!! I have to say though for me the people made the difference. I was a newbie venturing down to this event from NJ not knowing anyone and not quite sure what to expect. After all this was a private event.

On Wednesday night I wondered down to the end of the paddock and ran across this dude Troy. He was engrossed in reviewing a layout of the track and riding approach to each section in incredible detail with a few people. I listened intently. Being a newbie I listened for what seemed like a long time - so I didn't continue to appear to be some sort of an ornament I eventually tried to say something that didn't make myself look ridiculous.

Troy began to size me up:
What group are you riding in? I was riding in the "B" group.
How many track days have you done?
What kind of bike do you ride?
and several other pointed questions.

It's a good thing I'm no Bull Shitter as I would have been found out for sure.

We then spoke for a little while longer and before I wore out my welcome out I indicated that I was really just focused on learning as much as possible and improving my skills.

Fast forward to Friday mid-morning:
I'm waiting to go out for a session and up comes Troy. He says "I want to move you to the "I" group after lunch but you really have to address a position issue with your right foot." I'm thinking, here's this guy going out of his way to help me out giving me advice and the opportunity to improve.

I rode the rest of the event very humbled in "I" :dunce: getting my ass smoked with a HUGE SHIT EATIN GRIN :grin: on my face. I had guys coming up after those sessions offering encouragement asking how's it going - maybe looking for me to GTF out of their way as well.

This is only a sample of the dealings I had with a bunch of really great people I could go on and on.

Anyway, thanks Dave for putting this together and the others as well for helping out. I hope I get the opportunity to cross paths with you guys in the future.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
RideorGolf - were you on the other black 675? Should have swung by and said "Hello"!

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:47 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 06 675 (Track) - 910R-VRSC-FLSTF-FLTR (Street)
madski wrote:
RideorGolf - were you on the other black 675? Should have swung by and said "Hello"!

Yeah - Black 675 with big "X" on the wind screen.

I hooked up and hung with a dude on a Red 675 as well. I mentioned to him that I saw a black 675 with Union Jack graphics - was that you?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:23 am 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2005 SV 1000
Bike/Plate #: 476
GixxrSixxr wrote:
Slitherin wrote:
GixxrSixxr wrote:
i was sleeping in the back of lees truck on the way home and i feel the track swaying like a mother and i hear the engine revving loud and it felt like we were going really fast. i sat up and was like what the fuck are you doing, and lee's alll like "its slitherin, we are racing him" lol that was fun to wake up to :biglaugh:

Haa! Serves you right for sleep'n! That was a good way to get through Richmond. I was in the co-pilot seat but I think Tony got tired of reading "Stop Painting. Try Spray on Siding" Or something to that effect. If I don't see you before, I'll catch your ass at Summit in April right?

yeah ill def be at summit, im trying to get to VIR. i have a ride, next task is to get enough money for tires and entry fees. i go back to work march 1 so i think i can do it.

Nice! Then I will see you there in a few weeks!

NESBA CR #476
WERA Expert #476
Trackwhore 06 CBR600RR
Street 03 Roadie
2B1ASK1

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
RideorGolf wrote:
madski wrote:

I hooked up and hung with a dude on a Red 675 as well. I mentioned to him that I saw a black 675 with Union Jack graphics - was that you?

Yeap, that was me - the guy on the red 675 was riding really well.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:27 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
Need an email for Phil Hazel. Please PM me or if anyone has his contact info let me know. Need it to get your pics to you

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 am 
lil'Ho

The 675's

madski wrote:
RideorGolf wrote:
madski wrote:

Yeap, that was me - the guy on the red 675 was riding really well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!