Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Summit Main (Roger Lyle) 10/12
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:00 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 R1
Bike/Plate #: 46
So far it looks like there are 4-5 from the Karn's camp. And one else?
Sound off...

(I can't wait top get this new bike on the track!!!! :toocool: :toocool: )

Post subject: Re: Summit Main (Roger Lyle) 10/12
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:12 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 GSXR600
Bike/Plate #: 72
I stopped at the shop today and jason is done with my bike except he had to order another rear spring. something to do with ohlins shocks only working with ohlins springs.
Anywho, he asked if i was coming and as much as i want to, i have a major problem with my f150. i am hoping i can fix it myself but it may cost me some $$$ so i better save my money and not blow it on a trackday just yet.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
weekdays are sort of hard to pull off, especially on short notice.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:59 pm 
lil'Ho

So the trip went pretty well. This time no one form the Karn's camp went down. It was pretty chilly Sunday night, we had a great tim eon the go carts. I hope those guys aren't too sore about be whooping them by 4 seconds...lol :moon:

Jason's new camper is nice but had a few cast aways...lil' buggers.

IMHO the track is in very sad shape. Turn 1-2 is down to bare concrete again and the black top around it is crumbling. There was mud on the track the whole day from a truck driving on the grass and then back on to the track. The mess down in 5-7 is just nasty. It was totally split and broken. It looked like there was sealer in the cracks :shock:
...it was what I was trying to get away from by going to the track. On top of that there were so many people that signed up they split beginer and intermediate into 2 groups...yea...so there were 6 groups rotating PLUS the racing school. We ran 2 sessions before lunch. :wtf:

After lunch (Sorry to bring it up if you read this Jason)... (his crock pot ended up on the floor in pieces...) The track was warmed up a bit and we got a few good sessions in. The sun peeked out from the clouds as we learned there would not be any more Advanced sessions to make time for the mock race and we started packing up.

The new R1 is awesome. I really had a great time. It was my first track day on a liter bike and it was very comfortable. Lots - o - power. I got some video from the front and the back but need to get it someplece I can post a link.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Summit's always a mess, sort of par for the course - also sort of why it's very low on my list of tracks I like to ride.
6 groups :wtf:
Glad you guys at least got a few good sessions in. Got a feeling this weekend at Beaver (and at Summit) ain't gonna be all that glorious either.

So far as the R1 - have you ever ridden an 07/08 R1? Just wondering how you fell they compare to the 09 if you have.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:07 pm 
lil'Ho

I've been on one but when I'm swaping seats I try to keep in mind the other guy is on my "b!tch" at the same time so I certainly haven't run it like I did my bike. This thing just has so much grunt. There was only a few times I was really waiting for it to do something. The part I most enjoyed was being able to really get on it like I did the 6 in the turns and not have to be worried about it stepping out. There were times it slipped but it was very reasonable. THe hardest thing I'm sorting out is the front end. It just doesn't feel like I've got it dialed in yet. My R6 seemed to give more feed back. Perhaps it's the dampner I'm picking up on. I just don't know. It feels like the "front of the front" tire is heavy and it wants to tip "in" to the turn instead of letting me counter stear it in. On the 6 I raised the tree on the forks to flush and it was golden. This is already flush. I was thinking perhaps I have the back preload to high and my sag (or lack of) is creating too much rake. If there are any suggestions I'll certainly entertain them.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

if you have some room to back preload off it will give it a bit more trail slowing down the steering a bit. you don't think it's tire profile or something along those lines or your back end up too high?
i don't know how the 09 is but the 08 is not the quickest turning in bike i've ever ridden - probably will raise the forks a bit over the winter in mine to try to decrease trail a bit.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!