Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Nelson with Fast Track
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 am 
lil'Ho

Bike/Plate #: 0
Fast Track is doing Nelson on Friday Evening the 21 May and then saturday 22 May if anyone is interested. Kyle and I are thinking of going out for that Friday/Sat.

Post subject: Re: Nelson with Fast Track
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): '01 GSXR750
Bike/Plate #: 14
I'm planning on doing 4-17 but not sure about this one yet. I wanna do beaver and mid-ohio even before 5-22 nelson. Not 100% on beaver yet though. Nelson 5-22 maybe.

You ever do an event of theirs b4 (fasttrax)? If so, did it seem to run well?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
Actually I think then run a below par event but it's cheap and they are the only ones running Nelson this year

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
HIGHWIRE wrote:
I'm planning on doing 4-17 but not sure about this one yet. I wanna do beaver and mid-ohio even before 5-22 nelson. Not 100% on beaver yet though. Nelson 5-22 maybe.

You ever do an event of theirs b4 (fasttrax)? If so, did it seem to run well?

A bunch of us did Beaver with them last year. I was not impressed. They pissed me off early on in the tech inspection, but I guess they did get that straightened out. On the track, I rode A group with their CRs and they were not impressive. Lines were sloppy and some really sketchy riding.

I'm not saying I would never ride with them again, but I am not looking to do it. Only way I will is if someone is posting up that they are going and everything works perfectly for me to be there and that is the only way to get my fix.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I'm with Nate and Kyle on FastTrax - I have a long write up on the day we all did with them last year somewhere on this site.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 pm 
'Ho Proper

silvr6 wrote:
Actually I think then run a below par event but it's cheap and they are the only ones running Nelson this year

Yeah that's just it. It's the only way to get on that track this year and I have a bone to pick with that place. It ate my engine my first time there b4 the track was even dry after 2 rain sessions. I was really liking that track so I gotta go back even if it's with fasttrax. It's worth a try.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:31 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
90% sure we will be there in may

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
HIGHWIRE wrote:
silvr6 wrote:

Yeah that's just it. It's the only way to get on that track this year and I have a bone to pick with that place. It ate my engine my first time there b4 the track was even dry after 2 rain sessions. I was really liking that track so I gotta go back even if it's with fasttrax. It's worth a try.

Ridiculous doesn't even do their Beav day justice. If you read the thread about it from last year you will understand the bad vibe. CR right in front of me highsided in turn 0 in the first session of the day. His bike and body were done for the weekend. Mike (and others) almost got taken out at least twice. And that is just the beginning.

However, I rode with them again later back at Nelson an there were so few people they ran a semi-open track day. B group and then one open group. In the open group we got 40min of track time each session. And I had a great time. The guys there didn't make stupid passes at least around me.

Long story but I too love that track, bumps and all and it's only a forty min drive for me and cheap so I'll be doing multiple days with them this year. So I'll see you out there; Highwire I didn't meet you last year, my name's Ben and I'll be the guy going really slow in turn 4. :thumbup:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 pm 
'Ho Proper

Oh i looove that corner. Seems like T4 can trick you into going too slow thru the middle. Seems like once you're there you're like, "What the hell man? Get on it!" Like I said though, I only ever did two sessions on a soaked track and the third one was dry out back all the way up to the last corner, so I'm sure I'll put it together after some more time. I hope anyway. I love the exit. :grin:

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!