Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Fasttrax 6/4,5
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:25 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Had a good time running around with Silv and his Dad on Friday night...I shoulda manned up Saturday but the forecast said t-storms and hail so I rolled back to sleep. Hope you guys had some good weather to ride in, most of the morning turned out dry at my house but it did storm like mad later. Definitely looking forward to riding with you guys again.

This Friday was much better than two weeks ago, tons of track time, few enough people to run open as it's supposed to be. One red flag for a mechanical, one stoppage for a turtle crossing the road haha; no crashes. I put my camera on the side of the bike for a different angle and ground down part of the housing...oops. And I lost a frame slider :wtf: turns out threadlock isn't foolproof. My front felt like it started to go away towards the end, I think I'm going to make the switch to DOT's. I wish my warmers fit a 190 because I'm hearing so much good about the Dunlops. I guess I'll stick with Bstones for now which I'm sure will be fantastic also.

Post subject: Re: Fasttrax 6/4,5
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
good to hear everything went well!

tires are a confidence thing - most of us probably don't absolutely "need" DOT's but I sure as hell feel more confident riding on them :fact

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:10 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
I didn't make it, but a number of friends I ride with were there. Kurt on a Ducati #5, Charlie on a SV # 70 (or is it 710), and John on a red GSXR 600. They all said it was a good time.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
madski wrote:
good to hear everything went well!

tires are a confidence thing - most of us probably don't absolutely "need" DOT's but I sure as hell feel more confident riding on them :fact

Yeah I hear you for sure, these hybrids have been amazing, I just want to see if I can notice a difference with DOT's; if not I'll switch back because they're cheaper :thumbup: .

bacolmm wrote:
I didn't make it, but a number of friends I ride with were there. Kurt on a Ducati #5, Charlie on a SV # 70 (or is it 710), and John on a red GSXR 600. They all said it was a good time.

I know I saw a red gsxr out there, there were multiple SV's and I don't know about the Duc; it was a good group for sure. I threw a short clip up on vimeo (youtube was giving me problems) of the GoPro on the side of the bike, I meant to get my knee on the deck but missed. It is neat to watch the rear tire though, how if flattens out on the side when leaned over. There was a fast dude on a Buell stalking me for some of this clip, shortly after he broke his chain :shock: .

http://www.vimeo.com/12383626

And a real quick clip of the slider falling off...just cause I had it captured and wanted to use slow-mo :nod: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5OTuvAZS0

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
once you go DOT you won't go back :cool:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!