Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summit JC/Main Feeler - July 4/5
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:32 am 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
madski wrote:
Just a thought on the suspension issues - it was a lot hotter today than I think when you ran at NJMP? That could certainly make a difference in tire wear. You're starting to ride fast enough where little shit actually does matter.

it was in the 90's at NJMP i believe. my prob is no one else seems to have tire wear issues and idk why i always have them. i was looking at everyone elses tires in the A group and i didnt say anyone else with issues

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:18 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Justin's bike issue was definitely weird. At least you got a 1/2 day mechanical from NESBA, that's some consolation.

Anyway, it was ridiculously hot out there. One session in the afternoon I came back in and my nose started bleeding when I took my helmet off. I have always gotten nose bleeds easy when I was a kid, but not much anymore, so it must have been doing a toll on the body. We all did our best to stay hydrated and cool, but that is real tough in 100 degrees.

Overall I was real happy with my day (first full day in A group). Didn't have any oh shit moments or major scares. First session out was a little rough, not smooth on brakes or turn in points. Sorted that all out in the 2nd session and got better. Per a stopwatch (I still can't find my lap timer) I ran a 1:23.8 as my best lap. It got hard to keep the same pace the hotter the day got, but I was happy as I ran 1:24's consistently every lap.

The best session was the 2nd to last. Someone in B group wrecked and their bike caught on fire. We ended up having to sit in hot pit for a few minutes (which really sucked) to go out, but it bunched everyone up in A group. It was absolutely crazy once they through us on the track. I saw 4 wide into T1 and somehow no one wrecked or went off. I'm guessing that kind of what racing is like the way some of the guys rode that session. It was a lot of fun and impressive to watch how some of these guys could ride.

None the less, had a safe and fun day and can't wait for NJMP in Aug. It was great to meet Pat and Matt and I am looking forward to seeing your videos.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:04 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Walt wrote:
Im doin all three days. Two new tracks for me!!
Feel free to stop by and say "hi".

Walt, I meant to stop over and say "hi", but with that oppressive heat I was afraid to leave the shade. I hope you had a fun day!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:15 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
GixxrSixxr wrote:

heres what went down. first session went out and the little red light on my dash was on and it said FI. the bike ran fine so i was just like whatever. ran fine the whole session. 2nd session i was WOT out of 9 and the tach just goes to zero, bought throws me off the damn thing with the engine braking, i throw my hand up and pit in. i stop at pit out and everything seems ok. i go out and run a few more laps and it runs fine. 3rd session it dies coming out of 10 so now im on the straightaway with no power, throw my hand up and drift to a stop in the grass. restart it, merge back on, bike dies again between 2 and 3, hand up, pull off, restart away we go. bike dies in 8 on the SAME FREAKING LAP, so i pull off on the inside of now as i almost get my ass ran over by 3 guys as im coasting through 9. i sit there in the grass for a minutes trying to restart it, wont start so i push it to the fence and wait. about 5 minutes later red flag comes out because kimmie went down in 5 ( she got bumped to A btw) so im like what the heck ill try again. bike fires up and i ride to pit.

took the bike over to karns who was on shenedoah. checked the tip over sensor, kickstand bypass thing, all the connections, fuel pump, everything electrical we could. he couldnt figure it out. couldnt check the ECU so maybe its that. the gauges turn on and the needle does its thing, but the fuel pump doesnt kick over or do whatever it does. of course after i rode it to shenedoah it wouldnt start so i had to tow it back to main and now it wont start and now idk wtf to do about it :rant:

Sorry about the bike troubles. I had to read your post twice because I thought I had misread part of it... :shock: .

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:38 pm 
Major 'Ho

It was good to see Justin, meet Nate and his crew, and the other guy that pitted close to us with the GSXR 750 (sorry, his name escapes me). That really sucks about Justin's bike problems. That's so frustrating!

This was my first time at Summit and I really like the track! If I remember correctly, my best lap times for the first 4 sessions were as follows; 1:39, 1:33, 1:29, 1:28 (I believe I got into the 1:27's once with a 1:27.89 or something like that). It's fun to see the times fall as you learn a new track.

Damn it was HOT! I was concerned that grip levels would fall off as the track temp got too high, but that was never an issue. If anything, the grip seemed really good from the 1st session on. This was definitely the hottest trackday I've ever done! I'd take another 98 degree trackday over a rain trackday every time!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 pm 
'Ho Proper

Bike/Plate #: 992
Yep first time at Summit and had a blast.Great seeing and meeting everyone at the track too.

Boy it was hot,I don't think I ever drank so much in my life but it was so fun learning a new track.I know Matt and I will be down there again. :toocool:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:57 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
sideshowbob wrote:
Yep first time at Summit and had a blast.Great seeing and meeting everyone at the track too.

Boy it was hot,I don't think I ever drank so much in my life but it was so fun learning a new track.I know Matt and I will be down there again. :toocool:

Really glad you guys came. You should think about the Sept double at Main. This is the only time any trackday org gets both a Saturday and Sunday on Main. I usually try to make this date.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 am 
Major 'Ho

sideshowbob wrote:
I don't think I ever drank so much in my life

I got a hamstring cramp on the track at BeaveRun in the 5th session because I didn't drink enough. The bitch is that usually one it's starts, it only gets worse. I was able to ride through it and when I got back to the pits I drank two Poweraids (20 oz each), took a potassium vitamin, ate a cliff bar and didn't have any cramps in the 6th session. I did the same after the session and no cramps in the 7th session. So that was my plan for Summit - 40 oz of fluid (either 2 Poweraids or 1 Poweraid and 1 water), a potassium vitamin and maybe a banana or a cliff bar between the sessions. The plan worked perfectly until the last couple of sessions. My problem is that I have a bit of a caffeine addiction going on right now and I was getting a headache because I hadn't had any since the morning. So between the last 2 sessions I drank 2 20 oz Poweraids and a 20 oz diet MtDew. I spent the whole 40 minutes between sessions choking down drinks... :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm 
Major 'Ho

bacolmm wrote:
and the other guy that pitted close to us with the GSXR 750 (sorry, his name escapes me)

Anyone know his name?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 pm 
Major 'Ho

Couple vids of me following Pat...

http://www.vimeo.com/13165265

http://www.vimeo.com/13167094

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!