Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Re: Beaver 07/03
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
foster wrote:
sideshowbob wrote:
I just signed up today and I do believe Matt did too

Nice, looks like great weather for a change. What group did you guys sign up for? I signed up for A.

A, definately.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
sideshowbob wrote:
foster wrote:
sideshowbob wrote:
I just signed up today and I do believe Matt did too

Nice, looks like great weather for a change. What group did you guys sign up for? I signed up for A.

Advance It should be good day like you said for the weather.I was suppose to do Mid-Ohio today and tomorrow but because of the weather I'm heading out tonight for Tuesday only.

Pat, Kenny, Jon, Charlie, and I will be in A. I'm really looking forward to this! It's been too long since I've been on the track! We usually pit across from registration - Black CBR 600 (#25), Black GSXR 600 (#992?), Red Buell 1125 (#11? - You'll be able to hear it from anywhere). Stop over and say "Hi".

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
bacolmm wrote:

Pat, Kenny, Jon, Charlie, and I will be in A. I'm really looking forward to this! It's been too long since I've been on the track! We usually pit across from registration - Black CBR 600 (#25), Black GSXR 600 (#992?), Red Buell 1125 (#11? - You'll be able to hear it from anywhere). Stop over and say "Hi".

Sounds good, maybe I can catch a tow from you guys. I think what I want to work on this weekend is getting through 6/7 faster and braking later for 10.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am 
Major 'Ho

foster wrote:
bacolmm wrote:

Sounds good, maybe I can catch a tow from you guys. I think what I want to work on this weekend is getting through 6/7 faster and braking later for 10.

I'm sure that can be arraigned. I don't know what kind of lap times you're running but between our group of 5 or 6 we should have you covered. Pat, Charlie and I are running in the mid-low 1:05's (hopefully high 1:04's on Sat). If that's not quick enough for you, you'll need to hook up with Kenny or Jon...

I need to get better on the brakes into #10 and #1. Last time at the Beav I believe I picked up some speed in #2 and #3, but was maybe braking a bit more than needed going into #4. I've probably got some opportunity to make up some time in #9 as well...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:19 am 
Serious 'Ho

bacolmm wrote:
I'm sure that can be arraigned. I don't know what kind of lap times you're running but between our group of 5 or 6 we should have you covered. Pat, Charlie and I are running in the mid-low 1:05's (hopefully high 1:04's on Sat). If that's not quick enough for you, you'll need to hook up with Kenny or Jon...

I need to get better on the brakes into #10 and #1. Last time at the Beav I believe I picked up some speed in #2 and #3, but was maybe braking a bit more than needed going into #4. I've probably got some opportunity to make up some time in #9 as well...

That will be plenty fast, I've only been there twice, once last year once this year so I've got a lot to learn getting around the Beave. 1:07 was my fastest lap in May. I would love to knock 2 seconds off that.

There's going to be a lot of traffic. I and A groups are sold out.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:33 pm 
Major 'Ho

foster wrote:
bacolmm wrote:

That will be plenty fast, I've only been there twice, once last year once this year so I've got a lot to learn getting around the Beave. 1:07 was my fastest lap in May. I would love to knock 2 seconds off that.

There's going to be a lot of traffic. I and A groups are sold out.

Cool, we're all pretty close on lap times - this should be fun! Yeah, I guess there will be a lot of bikes out there. It may turn more into passing practice rather than trying to run fast laps. The Fastrax days at BeaveRun always sell out...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Watch out for CR's tryng to run you over or checking up for that matter :-)

Have fun :toocool:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:36 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Good times...hot day but not a cloud in the sky. Had a bit of collateral damage when I got forced off the inside of the track in 12, an argument could be made that I shouldn't have been there so it is what it is, I don't think he even knew what happened. But I hit the curbing hard enough to bend the lip of my rear rim in two places; its still holding air though so that's good. And I ground my peg down a bit more than I would have liked throughout the day so I gotta find that guy that makes plates to move the stock rearsets (cause I'm too cheap for woodcraft).

My goal was 1:05's. Second session of the day I got a 1:06.03 in and figured I'd have no problem getting at least one 1:05. I think as the day went on the track got more crowded because my lap times got progressively worse. Maybe it was getting too hot I don't know, I felt like I was pushing harder in the afternoon but the lap timer did not agree.

Other than the riders wandering all over the track and some ridiculous speed differences (evidence in forthcoming video) the MotoSeries crew was relatively well behaved. It was good meeting Matt and Pat in person and seeing Andy out there again. I think being a "Trackwhore" instantly turns a person into an all around swell guy :toocool: is there a "man-hug" smilie? Andy you'll definitely have to start out with us in A next time, Megan said you were right behind me in that last session.

I put the GoPro on the triple and took some great footage of the sky when it vibrated out of position mid warm-up lap. But I got some decent footage from on the side facing backwards I'll post a link once its uploaded.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

That a hell of a good bit of progress Ben - now officially faster than my old ass at da'Beave :toocool:
Nice write up, glad you guys had a good time!

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am 
Serious 'Ho

madski wrote:
That a hell of a good bit of progress Ben - now officially faster than my old ass at da'Beave :toocool:
Nice write up, glad you guys had a good time!

Thanks Mike, I wish the next 5 or so seconds would be as easy to drop but we all know how that goes. And its all bike, I'm just trying to hang on :nod:

SBImage has some samples of us up already, he works fast!

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!