Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: NJMP Thunderbolt - NESBA - 10/16-17
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:39 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Regardless of the carnage it was good to see everyone this weekend and nice to meet a few new folks.
Thunderbolt really is a first class facility but it's just one hell of a long drag from here. Almost 6 hours each way sucks.
Track is fun and I will probably try to make it out there maybe once a year or so. Nice to ride something that's more or less glass smooth and generally not patched every 3 feet.
I know people claim it's an easy track to learn but I don't really think it's as easy as it may seem. Turns like T4 and T9 take some time to start getting through with pace. I never really did figure out T9 all day and I probably did not run the same line through the left hander after 9 twice.
I wish our timers worked consistently. Not that it really matters all that much but it's nice to see what changes in the way you approach a section of the track do to your overall lap times. I ended up with a low 44 but I'm reasonably sure the I ran faster in my last session. The beacon was down again during it and I did not have my camera on so I guess I'll never know.
Seemed like there was a ton of people in both I and B and not that many CR's. We did get bitched out in the next to last session of on Sunday. There was some really stupid shit going on. My favorite part is when some idiot on liter tries to stuff his ass in on the inside of T1 and runs you about off track. Took the douche bag the whole straight to try to get past a 675 and set up an illegal pass, what does that say... I did not go off but it sort of fucked me up for the rest of that session - I played rolling pylon till the guy tossed his Duc away in T5 and did not have the courtesy to walk away from the track likely causing them to toss a red. Apparently there was a lot of douche bag riding going on. Enough for the ass reaming we got in the hot pit. Other than that most of the weekend was OK.
Sucked to see Nate and Mark go down. Both were OK which is really all that matters but Mark's bike is really hosed. Nate's did not look toooooo bad. Jr's engine going was sort of the cherry on top of a high attrition weekend. We had 6 bikes in our garage and ended with only 3 running at the end of the weekend. Wolley - sorry to hear yours blew up too... Just a strange weekend that way.
Dinner both nights were fun. Nice to meet Tom, Lance, Corey, Kyle, Sammi, etc.
Was also good to meet Dave and Kevin's folks. Glad you guys popped your track cherries and that Kevin made it through to win track day :-) You guys should go to Jennings in February with us. You'll have a blast!
RideonGolf - I'm horrible with names, sorry - nice to finally meet you. As I told you I was lined up behind you I think in the first or second session Sunday and I sort of roamed around the paddock during lunch to look for your bike. Funny that you were pitted right beside the Dave and Kevin and I completely missed your bike. I did see like 3 other 675's :-) Glad we were still around to give you guys a jump! Looking forward to seeing you at Jennings also.
Anyway, here's to less eventful track days to come!

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:07 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
I heard/talked to Nate but what happened to Jr's engine? Did it go pop?

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

He had a knocking noise but did not poop any fluids or smoke so hopefully it's not too bad. He left the bike with Markbuilt Racebikes to have it looked it.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:41 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
Wolley wrote:
Good seeing you guys. Sorry I didnt get to work with you guys more my motor blew up after lunch and shortened my day.

mine went too, just before lunch. mines over at markbilt as well

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
Tib wrote:

rolled and the gas coming out of the last turn and it didnt go like usual, then it started making a noise that sounded like bodywork flapping and hitting something. i came off pace and putzed around for the lap with my hand up and pitted in and when i revved the engine i heard it was indeed something in the engine. like mike said, no fluid, smoke or anything and it runs and revs, it just doesnt have the same power so hopefully somethings just bent and its not to bad. should know in a few days when mark gets a hold of me

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 ZX6R (track ho) ZZR1200 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 152
WOW! Sounds like you guys had an interesting weekend...

Sorry to hear about all the bikes, glad to hear eveyone's ok. :toocool:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:18 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 430
All I can say is WOW! Had an amazing time, learned so much, and after looking at photos from the weekend I learned even more. Despite the crash fest that was the B group I thought the track was a lot of fun, and the people that i got to meet, from the CR's down to other riders on their first weekend, were extremely nice and helpful. I def think I will be requesting the feedback of the CR's a lot more than I did this weekend. I think I had a lot of missed oppurtunities to get feedback or even ask for it. But needless to say I am hooked. Welcome to the addiction indeed!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:53 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
GixxrSixxr wrote:
Tib wrote:

rolled and the gas coming out of the last turn and it didnt go like usual, then it started making a noise that sounded like bodywork flapping and hitting something. i came off pace and putzed around for the lap with my hand up and pitted in and when i revved the engine i heard it was indeed something in the engine. like mike said, no fluid, smoke or anything and it runs and revs, it just doesnt have the same power so hopefully somethings just bent and its not to bad. should know in a few days when mark gets a hold of me

Hopefully it's something simple and inexpensive. I'm interested to hear if it's a valve or whatnot.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 am 
Site Admin

i think that vintage of r6 had a rep for rod bearing issues. what he describes sound/performance wise sort of makes me lean that way. i'm sure mark will sort it out as soon as he opens up the motor. hope its something small (cheap).

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

A few pics...

RideorGolf following me as we get stuck behind a slow rider. There are actually 3 675's in this photo - The cream colored bike in the background with the rider with white leathers is a Daytona too :thumbup:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!