Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beaver Sept 12 w/EMP?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Do they do a formal tech inspection?

I may just drive in in the AM since no one wants to split a room and I can't snipe one real cheap on PriceLine :-( I'm camp but the weather looks crappy for Saturday night.

The only thing I saw was that the meeting starts at 8:30.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:31 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
madski wrote:
Do they do a formal tech inspection?

I may just drive in in the AM since no one wants to split a room and I can't snipe one real cheap on PriceLine :-( I'm camp but the weather looks crappy for Saturday night.

The only thing I saw was that the meeting starts at 8:30.

They do tech, but it's pretty laid back. I think I showed up to one in the past at 8 AM and tech was just starting. That was a bit extreeme, but I don't think you have to kill yourself trying to get there by 7 AM.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:50 pm 
'Ho Proper

Bike/Plate #: 992
Yeah like Matt said there pretty laid back.I talked to them today and they said registration wont be till 8 .I've been there pitted before they even showed up :wtf:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

my fucking truck is having a fit, i may not make it...

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Well, my wife can't go now so I'll be solo tomorrow. Wish I would have known earlier :rant: .

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
madski wrote:
my fucking truck is having a fit, i may not make it...

Sucks Mike, I wish you were on my way there.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

I shall be there :fact (stole my brother in law's truck)

Save me a spot :toocool:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:44 pm 
'Ho Proper

Bike/Plate #: 992
Cool guys see you there in the morning....looks like the rain will be out of here by then :toocool:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Had a fun day at BeaveRun today! It was good to ride and bench race with every one! Another great Euromoto track day!

Session #1 – It had rained overnight, but the roads were dry when I left my place at around 6:20 AM. As I got closer to the track the clouds got thicker and the roads were wet. It wasn’t raining, but there was mist in the air and it was not far from 100% humidity. The track was still wet for the 1st session so most of us decided to sit it out (myself included).

Session #2 - I got geared up and thought about going out for the second session, but the track was still pretty wet. It was still cloudy and humid and it was taking the track forever to dry out. The guys that rode session #2 said the track was getting much better and should be good for session # 3.

Session #3 – I finally made it on the track and Pat and John followed me out. Wow, did I feel uncomfortable! Having not ridden at BeaveRun in a while, it felt really bumpy. My bike felt very busy, almost like I had either way too little, or way too much, pressure in my rear tire. I was waiting for Pat and/or John to come past and they never did, so I figured they were as uncomfortable as I was. When we compared notes after the session, we all pretty much felt the same way. I knew it would get better as the day went on. My best lap was a 1:08.76.

Session #4 – I felt much more comfortable right away. I think it was a combo of getting comfortable with the fact that it’s bumpy and the bike’s going to move around, and getting my suspension and tires completely warmed up (the dry track didn’t hurt either). When I came in and checked my lap-timer, I was pleasantly surprised that I had dipped down into the 1:05’s with a 1:05.84. I didn’t think I was going quite that fast. I ran a 1:05.55 at BeaveRun in Sept of 2009 and have been trying to get into the 1:04’s ever since. I made it down to 1:05.21 earlier this year. Maybe today would be the day.

Session #5 – I felt pretty good and got into a good scrap with the All About Bikes guy on the BMW 1000 RR. I reeled him in and passed him on the brakes going into turn #10. He came past me on the front straight and passed him on the brakes into #10 again. I believe we played that game for a 3rd lap until he got a rider between us and got a bit of a gap. I spent the rest of the session trying to reel him in. When I got back to the pits I had run a 1:05.00. I was happy to have dropped some time, but come on, all I needed was 0.01 seconds to get into the 1:04’s!

Session #6 – I went out and tried to run some fast laps right away. After 3 or 4 good laps I caught some traffic and Pat wasted no time getting past me. I got on his back wheel, got a run on him in #8 and got past just before #9. I can’t remember the last time I passed Pat. He’s been schooling me pretty good lately, so it was good to get past him for a change. Later in the session I made a bit of a close pass on Mike going into #5. I set him up in #4, but didn’t get past him as cleanly as I would have liked before we had to turn into #5. I apologized between sessions and Mike was very cool about it. When I got back to the pits, my best lap was once again a 1:05.00!

Session # 7 – Last chance to get into the 1:04’s. I followed Aaron onto the track and Kenny passed me right away between #4 and #5. Ok, now was my chance, Aaron and Kenny should be able to tow me down into the 1:04’s. I tried to put in as many fast laps as I could during the course of the session. I came up on Mike again and tried to get passed him between #4 and #5 again. We were getting close to the turn in for #5 and I hadn’t been able to get past him, so I decided to check up and give him the line. Unfortunately it was too late and we hit the apex of #5 side by side. If my pass in session #6 was questionable, this one down right sucked. Mike was nice and left me lots of room. I gave him a “sorry, I’m an asshole” wave and tried to get back after it.

Pat passed me going into turn #1 and then passed Bill between #4 and #5. I got past Bill between #8 and #9 and set off to close the gap Pat had opened up. Just when I finally closed the gap, they threw the checkered flag. I stayed on Pat’s rear wheel and passed him between #8 and #9 on the checkered flag lap, and laughed all the way back to the pits.

I apologized to Mike for the shit pass when I got back to the pits and he was very cool about it. Sorry about that Mike, and thanks for leaving me some room, and letting me past!

In the end I finally got into the 1:04’s trying to chase Pat down. I ran a 1:04.91, 1:04.84 and a 1:04.59. I’m pretty psyched about that! Thanks for towing me along Pat!

Last edited by bacolmm on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:04 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
glad to see you hit the 4's :thumbup:

wtf mike stop block matt when he is trying to pass you :moon: :mrgreen:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!