Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: NESBA :: Summit Main :: Sept 11/12, 2010
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
I know we've been talking about this one, but wanted to start an official thread.

Date: Sept 11-12, 2010
Org: NESBA
Track: Summit Point Main

I can only do Saturday as I am leaving for the beach now on Sunday, but I know Tom was thinking about doing 2 days. Anyone else interested? Only time of the year your can get back to back days on Main on a weekend, so it is always a good time.

Post subject: Re: NESBA :: Summit Main :: Sept 11/12, 2010
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
want to but other priorities right now. :sad:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:20 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 07 R6S
Bike/Plate #: 357
im signed up for both

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:05 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
In for both. Been waiting all year for a weekend at Main

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 am 
'Ho Proper

i am pumped, never been there before

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:15 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
lantry211 wrote:
i am pumped, never been there before

dont cut yourself :moon:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:25 pm 
'Ho Proper

i am not touching anything sharp for three weeks.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:50 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Going to do my write up since I am leaving for the beach tomorrow and may not have internet access.

Showed up at the track at about 6:50. Got everything unloaded. Some old guy pitted across from us stopped over and said he needed to borrow a rear stand to change a rear tire. It was like 7:10, so I figured no big deal. He proceeds to be a complete dumbass and couldn't do anything himself. He could barely use a torque wrench on his own. Anyway, the bad part for me was I didn't get my rearstand back until AFTER the rider's meeting which is not enough time to get my tire warmers on and tires up to temp by 9 AM.

None the less I through the warmers on and flipped them to high. Waited until about 9:10 to go out to try and get as much heat in them as much, especially since it was cold out this morning. I didn't even make it to T1 and could feel the bike was not right. Went through T1 and felt I was riding on ice. Made it through the laps, but every single corner was just like ice. Realized just at starting the second lap that I got so thrown off by the warmers that I never set my tire pressures. I pulled off after the second lap and pulled into the pits. Set my pressures (tires were still not hot) and went back out. By that time the white flag was flying. Did 1 lap and pitted in and the bike was still sliding all over the place.

Got my warmers on and before the 2nd session I set my pressures. With the warmers getting the tires up to temp, they were 5 lbs over since I filled them high so I could just let the air out. So cold tires with 5 lbs too much pressure on a cold track is not a good combo.

After 1st session, I ran up to T10 so I could watch Tom's first session on the track. Didn't last long as some guy tried to come out of T10 and his bike shut off, a puff of smoke shot out his exhaust and fluids went down all over the track. Ended that session and messed pushed everything back.

Finally got out 2nd session and bike felt a whole lot better with the correct tire pressures. Track was still cold so T1 was a little scary. The track has really gotten worse since I rode it in July. It is by all means rideable and still fun, but T1 is bumpy as hell and has tons of sealer in it which was not good when it was cold.

By the 3rd session the track was finally warmed up and came in. Had a great session and ran a 1:22.8. My previous best was a 1:23.8, so I had knocked a whole second off. Got through lunch and somewhere in the afternoon another person spilled fluids all over the track going into T1. There weren't many crashes, but it seemed like tons of mechanicals. That hosed all the timing of the afternoon sessions. My first two sessions of the afternoon were awesome and really had a good time mixing it up with some guys in A group that were about my same pace. Was running with Tony A and he said he ran a 1:22.5 and that he was behind me the whole lap. My dad was timing me and said I was running fairly consistent 1:23's and dipped into the 1:22's several times, so overall I was really happy.

In the second B session of the afternoon, someone high-sided out of T2 really bad. We noticed bikes were running for a while and then they announced that it was going to be a little while until we were getting back out. They ended up calling in a helicopter to get the guy to the hospital. I hope he is OK, we didn't hear any update on his condition. The whole ordeal took over an hour, so we missed an entire session and finally went out for the last one at about 4:25.

Overall the day was good. Ran my new best times at Summit, weather was beautiful, and Tom looked really good for his first day on Summit Main. Came home in one piece which is always the goal. Was a little frustrating with the mechanicals and fluids dropping, it really made the day choppy with a lot of sitting around waiting to ride. But none-the-less it was a day at the track which is almost always a good day.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
sounds like an eventful day - 22's - NICE :thumbup:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:26 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R6
Bike/Plate #: 521
Had a great time today. Seen a couple people that I think frequent these boards and it seemed that everyone was riding great.

John

White/Gold R6 #521

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!