Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: CMP 11/13-14
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Still not 100%, but Pat and I are looking at doing CMP on the 13th and 14th with Stickboy. His days are always a good time. I believe it's $265 for both days.

Post subject: Re: CMP 11/13-14
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:37 pm 
Major 'Ho

Even though I took today as a "vacation day", my annual review is due today, so I'm working all day trying to get it completed. As much as I would like to side-track myself by writing a long CMP trip report, no job equals no more track days. So for now, I'm going to keep this short. Pat and I had another great trip to CMP. I'm certain we both picked up some speed, but we had transceiver issues (my transceiver?) so we can't prove it. The only session our lap-timers worked was Sunday's first session. I ran a 1:46.9 which is less than a second off my quickest time at CMP. I'm pretty certain I went faster as the day went on, I'd guess I made it in to the 1:45's and maybe even the 1:44's. We had killer, sunny, weather both days. It really is a fun track and it seems to be very easy to pass on. It eats rear tires like no other though. I brought a med/soft rear that had 2-3 track days on it. I was hoping it would last the first day, it made it 3 sessions. I had a new med/soft on my other wheel and I ran it 2 sessions on Sat and 5 on Sun. It felt good to the end, but the right side is smoked. If they would have had tire service on Sunday, I would have flipped it at lunch. Lots of grip though and I was regularly dragging toe sliders (never did that at CMP before).

There was a fast dude there on Sunday that apparently does some AMA racing. Pat said he passed him and then backed it in to turn #11. He did the same to me during the second to last session on Sunday. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Here's a vid of me following Pat on Sat. OK, I gotta get back to work...

http://vimeo.com/16807811

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Love the dedication Matt :thumbup:
Good luck on the review :fact

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm 
'Ho Proper

Bike/Plate #: 992
Yea Matt get back to work blink.gif

Matt and I decided to head to CMP for the weekend because it's been awhile being on the track.I thought about driving the VW Golf down with 2 bikes and Matt was "really" lol I have forgotten about those hills in WV so we elected to take his wife' car.Tanks again for driving Matt! We had a good drive down and Matt kept checking th GPS for avg speed down,I forget what it came out to be but was good considering the stops we made.Didn't hit traffic till we were outside Charlotte.Matt was admiring the turbo Sonata that he didn't wait to buy lol,the car was nice.Anyhow we checked into the Executive Inn for the night and woke up to frost.Got to the track and unloaded and tech and waited for the first session.Took are time out there because of the cold temps and getting back in the groove of the track.After lunch Matt put his transponder out and we never picked up a signal the whole weekend so our times are not known.We did 5 sessions the first day and 5 Sunday as we decided to sit out the first session.It was cold and we figured the way our rear tires were wearing we didn't want to waste a slow early session for a fast late session.CMP is abrasive and is hard on rear tires.You are leaned over quite a bit but on the throttle too so tire wear is a premium.I feel we were running pretty good as far as times for us.The weather couldn't have been better,sunshine and high 60's to low 70's both days,warm but not too hot.I think total mileage was around 268 for both days.CMP wear's you out

I do need to improve on my entrance speed and braking later and getting on the throttle sooner than I do.Following Matt I can see where he pulls out ahead of me in the turns.All in all I had a blast and looking forward to going again.I just need more tires dry.gif

Me following Matt early on Saturday.Matt and I had to work around some traffic that was fun although at first we were not allowed to pass in the brake marker area's

http://vimeo.com/16847585

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 am 
Major 'Ho

madski wrote:
Love the dedication Matt :thumbup:
Good luck on the review :fact

I really like my job and the company I work for, but I am not a fan of their review process. It's very, very, very, extensive. I spent all day working on it (just quit a few minutes ago and it's no where close to complete). My boss gave me some slack on the deadline, said I just need to get it done this week. The other thing that sucks is I really can't work on it at work. There's just too much going on. I'm looking forward to spending my evenings working on it this week. OK, rant over...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:03 am 
Major 'Ho

Another vid of Pat towing me around, this one includes an Aprilia lowsiding in front of me.

http://vimeo.com/16985824

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:21 pm 
Major 'Ho

Chasing Pat around

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:22 pm 
Major 'Ho

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
having just gotten done shoveling snow - track pics are great to see...........

can't wait till Jennings :toocool:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Track Days: Who's doing what?!