Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: Re: Summit w/WERA 6/4, 5
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 am 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 07 R6S
Bike/Plate #: 357
sorry guys i have been busy as shit. nice pics mike. ithat green bike was all over my ass in the b superstock race. then we got a red flag, i turned around to see how close he was. he was not there, i was not sure if he caused the red flag or not. would like the rest if you want to email them to me lantry211@gmail.com.

Ok, here we go. short and sweet.

I went down Thrusday night with my friend Tim Wilson. we stayed at the track all weekend. Friday was a great day, i started in I group and thought i was pretty quick until i saw a burnt orange bike pass me. i had no clue it was ben. I was looking for him all weekend but did not know what his bike looked like. after lunch i grabbed the CR rick and told him i was racing and wanted some tips. I had no intention of getting evaluated or bumped. another guy and i went back and forth the whole time. when we came in rick asked what our best time was. our best was 1:25 with quite a bit of traffic. he asked if our bike were prepped for A group. I did not know what to say i was so shocked. So after our bump i told rick that i was nervous. like the first time you have sex.... you wanted it to happed so bad for so long but when it is about to happen you wonder if you are ready. hahaha. i went out with my buddies and ran some 1:24s. then tim slowed down some and i chased him for a whole session and dropped into the 1:23s. went out one more time and ran a best of 1:22.90. i had so much fun in A group. i felt like i was flying the whole time, i never had to check up because some was holding me back.

the race school was on saturday. kimme, lemondrop (john) and joe took the class as wellut first session we couldnt pass. in out second session he let us go two at a time. two bikes went out then i went out. I reeled the R1 in pretty quick. i was gaining on the other bike but i ran out of time. He was rolling because he was on an SV. in the third session i went out first and took off. next thing i know a green and white R6 blew by me. i was like where in the hell did this guy come from. I could not quite keep up with him. In the mock race i started in the second row and i got to turn one first. but between T2 and T3 the same R6 came up the inside again but i got back around and there was a red flag (someone stalled on the line). on our restart kimmie took off like a bat out of hell. i passed her just before the brakes though and led into turn 1. sure enough that green and white R6 was all over me. we went back and forth all four laps. he beat me by .003. haha it was so close. i met him. his name is John (Lemondrop on the NESBA forum). he was had faster entry speed but i had better exit speed. we ran 1:25.

my first race on sunday ( C superstock) i rode like a complete pussy. from the start heading into turn 1 i was on the outside like a track day and a train went up the inside on me. i reeled most of them back in. I had a trackday mentality and was not very aggressive. Yes justin i was riding with my skirt on. i was very disappointed in myself and wondered if racing was for me or not. i finished 9th out of 15. my second race (B superstock) was much better i was alot more aggressive and covered my lines. i rode very defensivly. i got 6th out of 13 which i was very happy with. both my races were red flagged so i never saw a checkered flag for my races. One had a bad accident with Terence, it is on the nesba forum and roadracing world. The air fencing saved him. I wish you a very fast recovery. my first lap was a 1:26 and the rest were 1:22s.

overall that was my second weekend there. my first my best was a 1:28. i wanted to leave with a new best time in the 1:25s. and i managed to get a best of 1:22.3, got bumped to A and did not look like an ass racing. however i did discover that it is time to get rid of the stock suspension and upgrade. my new tires (Dragon super corsas) are showing suspension tear after about 20 laps.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:19 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
I told you to stay inside on the start. Overall is say that was a successful weekend congrats on the bump and a good start to your racing. Of course next time I see you Ill be sure to mess with you a bit

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
lantry211 wrote:
overall that was my second weekend there. my first my best was a 1:28. i wanted to leave with a new best time in the 1:25s. and i managed to get a best of 1:22.3, got bumped to A and did not look like an ass racing. however i did discover that it is time to get rid of the stock suspension and upgrade. my new tires (Dragon super corsas) are showing suspension tear after about 20 laps.

That seems to sum it up just about perfectly - good job man :toocool:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 pm 
'Ho Proper

haha ok dave i will be sure to find you. i was hoping to ride with you this past weekend.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
Yeah me too. Too bad I had to be the B capt. But that was good too.

Next time for sure we'll turn some laps.

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:18 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Looks like Tom got a few posts of fame on the NESBA board after Lemondrop's big write up. Seems everyone else is saying the same thing we have been...

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.p ... 337&page=6 (read about 5 posts down after the really long one)

:toocool:

Last edited by stevedave on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
That's a pretty serious boo-boo on his front end - :eek:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 pm 
'Ho Proper

thanks nate. I did not even read that thread until you showed it. i had no clue he crashed on friday... that sucks.

I guess i will have to go to Karns and get some extras put in the motor and a R7 decal for the side of it.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 06 675 (Track) - 910R-VRSC-FLSTF-FLTR (Street)
Bike/Plate #: 0
Congrats guys!!!

Tom - That's awsome man - after riding with you at Beav I knew you would be movin on pretty quick.

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!