Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summit w/WERA 6/4, 5
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
You kids have fun - post some pics when you're back!

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:22 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 07 R6S
Bike/Plate #: 357
Ok dave. You will beat us down there but ill find you thursday night. And ill be sure to bring my notebook on friday.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Ben / Tom do you guys know what time you are racing? I might ride down since the fucking clown at the trackdaystore.com seems to have forgotted to send me a tire I ordered last week so I'm apparently fucked on BeaveRun sunday...

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
madski wrote:
Ben / Tom do you guys know what time you are racing? I might ride down since the fucking clown at the trackdaystore.com seems to have forgotted to send me a tire I ordered last week so I'm apparently fucked on BeaveRun sunday...

Sorry to hear that Mike. Races start at 12:00 Sunday, C-SS novice is race 5 my first race is race 8/9 (sometimes they combine), C-SB novice is race 11, my second race is 16. I'm guessing Tom is running C maybe B-SS (race 9).

Figure on each race taking 20min at most, they are 8 laps. There is also a shitty $20 gate fee for spectators. If you come down shoot me a text. I'm going looking for Tom and Dave now.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Great seeing you guys! Congrats to both on your A bumps - well deserved!

Ben, sorry your weekend did not go smoother but all's well that end well. Hope those screws are just bent in the case. Give Nick a call on the case covers and the Handroids!

Tom - 22's - one quick Mofo! Nice finish in your race too.

I'll post pics when I get a chance to sort them out.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Wow, what a weekend! It was eventful for mostly the wrong reasons but I still had a blast. It was great to shoot the breeze with you Mike, too bad I couldn't have put on more of a show for you but it was nice having support. Tom, nice work out there :thumbup: I'll see you at Beaver, and who knows maybe my bike will be a different color by then :grin: . And good chatting with you Friday Dave, hope you had a good rest of the weekend.

Friday NESBA day – good turn out, at the riders meeting they said we had 30 in “I” so we’d have some open track out there. First couple of sessions in the morning got red flagged and by 10:30 we had only done 1 session. Afternoon things started to clear up and I was really having a ball on that track. It’s only my second time there but I think I’m in love with Summit Main. A CR was behind me for a couple of 1:23’s and when I pitted in they bumped me to A. I lost a GoPro on the last session of the day which sucks because I was looking to put some picture in picture race footage together.

Saturday – forecast was looking amazing and it delivered. I went out for the first two practice sessions and was feeling good everything was squared away for my only race of the day HWT Solo which is 16 laps. I was on the second row of the grid and gingerly released the clutch so as not to wheelie the hell out of it and ended up getting a decent start. I was in second and then got passed on the inside of 1 by an RC-51 (I think). Followed him around the rest of the lap and got a great run on him coming out of 10 and passed him down the front straight for second place. This is where things went bad. I’m not really sure what the hell happened but for some reason my bike didn’t want to slow down for turn 1. I felt like I hit the same marker I had all weekend long, maybe I was carrying more speed, maybe I stayed in the throttle a touch longer before letting up to brake. Regardless I was going into 1 too hot and when I tipped in I lost the front. I should have run straight off the track into the huge gravel trap, but I’m so used to riding around on Nelson where running straight off will have worse consequences than a lowside I tried to make the turn. Luckily the bike didn’t roll like I did and all that broke (I thought) was the right clip-on and bent lever. I’m very upset at myself for making a boneheaded move on lap 2 of a 16 lap race but this is part of learning.

The rest of the weekend went to hell in a handbasket, all stemming from the crash. I fixed the clip on and lever, checked the bike over, rode around the paddock Saturday night and though everything was under control. Sunday practice 1 was wet and I didn’t go out, practice 2 I went out and my brake lever felt really firm, almost no play at all. I just figured I had it set wrong but by the time I got to the down hill section before T4 my front wheel locked solid…on the race line…not good. I did the best I could to drag the bike off the track and when a corner marshal got there he had a Leatherman and I cracked the master cylinder bleeder so the front wheel could move. Turns out the new (used) brake lever wasn’t allowing the pin to release all the way so the pressure just built and built until I got heat into the system and it locked solid. I was really lucky I wasn’t leaned over when that happened.

Just when you think I’d had enough bad luck for the weekend…
My first race on Sunday I was in lap 1 and noticed my brake lever was moving around, a quick check of the bolts and the bottom bolt that holds the assembly to the clip on had backed all the way out and the top one was halfway. I threw up my hand came down pit lane and headed to the closest pit I could find and told them I needed an 8mm socket. They tightened it up for me and I went back out but of course I was dead last and pissed at myself again. The race got red flagged on lap 4, came into the pits and noticed oil on my engine cover. Turns out the slider to protect the cover that took the hit in the crash split the cover very slightly where its bolted on. I haven’t dug into it yet to see if the bolt hole on the engine is damaged or just the cover. Fingers crossed.

Here’s the video, I can’t tell if it’s the slipper clutch engaging or if maybe my throttle was stuck or neither, but something sounds wonky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph49VLkP2bs

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:29 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Ben,

Nice write up! Sorry your weekend did not go smoother! I'm wondering if you cooked turn #1 because you were carrying more speed from the draft? Get er fixed up for da Beave!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
madski wrote:
Great seeing you guys! Congrats to both on your A bumps - well deserved!

Ben, sorry your weekend did not go smoother but all's well that end well. Hope those screws are just bent in the case. Give Nick a call on the case covers and the Handroids!

Tom - 22's - one quick Mofo! Nice finish in your race too.

I'll post pics when I get a chance to sort them out.

Tom and Ben congrats on your bump to A!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Ben, did you pull that case cover off yet?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Ben

Attachment:
JY6V6338-01.JPG
JY6V6338-01.JPG [ 118.44 KiB | Viewed 15976 times ]

Tom

Attachment:
JY6V6319-01.JPG
JY6V6319-01.JPG [ 104.96 KiB | Viewed 15976 times ]

Looking great!

I have about a dozen pics of each of you - let me know if you want them

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!