Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: WERA Beaverun 6/18, 19
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:00 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
Well my back-to-back-to-back track weekends come to a close at the Beav. Then a month and a half withdrawal :sad: . I'll be running the HWT Solo Saturday. B-superstock, B-superbike, and A-superstock Sunday. If anyone is in the area look me up.

Anyone else in for this?

Post subject: Re: WERA Beaverun 6/4, 5
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:12 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
I'm thinking you meant 6/18, 19? :moon:

Good to see you yesterday.

Post subject: Re: WERA Beaverun 6/4, 5
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
bacolmm wrote:
I'm thinking you meant 6/18, 19? :moon:

Good to see you yesterday.

Good catch Matt - changed the topic!

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post subject: Re: WERA Beaverun 6/18, 19
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:32 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Haha, woops!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 pm 
Serious 'Ho

This was posted on the WERA Beaverun roll call thread by the lady that runs WERA:

"...the track called today and they can't get us as many corner workers as we requested - if any of you have friends who would like a ring side seat - and $75.00 a day - let them know to report to Heidi or Jim and they will put them on a corner for the weekend..."

Figured I'd post it up here since some of you are close.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
I would love to do this, but live a little too far away and will be moving this weekend.

Good luck!!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 am 
Serious 'Ho

Well it was another fun weekend of racing. The weather held off with some sprinkles in the last race on Sunday but the track stayed dry.

Saturday I rolled out of my trailer and looked around the paddock and thought to myself, “where the hell is everyone?” The turnout was low but I figured more people would show up as the day went on for the Sunday points races. WERA stopped paying out cash prizes for the Saturday Solo’s earlier this year and it has affected the grids. Went out for the first practice and followed a guy around for awhile running a fairly slow pace, then decided to put in a hot lap, passed him and ran a 1:04.29 which was my best lap ever at the Beav. Second practice I took it easy. Checked the grid for my one race of the day and there was only two novices on the grid, myself included. Lame.

I got an average start but the other guy toasted me (I talked to him afterward, he goes to the drag strip to practice starts). I caught up to him quickly though and made my way past him on the outside of 8. I was in the lead for 10 laps or so and was starting to wonder where he was because I felt like I was slowing down. He passed me going into 5 and checked out. I think he was playing with me the whole time. Most of the race I was running 1:04’s and a handful or so of 1:03’s.

Sunday, repeat of me asking, “where the hell is everyone?” I had two races Sunday B Superbike and B Superstock, I decided not to ride in A Superstock because there was only three of us.

B Superbike, I was fourth going into turn 1 on the start, the guy who beat me the day before was third and made his way to first. The guy in third was riding over his head, almost highsided in 6, passed me on the brakes a few times but couldn’t finish the turn and ran wide repeatedly and I eventually stayed in front of him, then gapped him and took the checkered with a 3rd place finish (a legit podium for once). This race except for the first lap was all 1:03-1:04 for me.

B Superstock, this race was the most excitement I’ve ever had on a motorcycle but I’m disappointed with the outcome. I started in the third row, bogged down a bit too much but went into T1 in 3rd, my buddy Jeremy got the holeshot. The guy in 2nd passed him in the back straight and immediately pulled a gap. I passed Jeremy coming down the front straight and held him off on the brakes into 1. I caught up to the guy in 1st and just hung out behind him to see where he was slow. He was faster than me in in 6,7 and 8 but I could catch him by 9 and get a better drive coming out of 10. I thought we had dropped Jeremy and was just going to steal the race at the end. Jeremy passed me on the inside of 10 in lap 6, I had missed the halfway flag so I had no idea what lap we were on. Jeremy and the other guy had an amazing battle and I sometimes found myself watching them instead of racing. They pulled a small gap on me but their back and forth racing was slowing them down and I was right there with a better drive out of 10 due to their late braking maneuvers. Again I was going to steal it at the end, but I missed the white flag as well and all three of us took the checkered flag within .1 seconds. Jeremy 1st, 2nd place guy was .065 behind, and I was .083 behind Jeremy.

Never again will I wait and play games, I’m just going to pull the trigger immediately. But I ended the weekend with two legit thirds, a gift second and stayed on two wheels. But I now have a two month break with nothing to think about except for a 3rd place finish .083 seconds behind the 1st. It was good for Jeremy though because he is in 1st place overall for the year in B Superstock.

Matt it was good seeing you and meeting the family, I hope you got to see some good racing. I’ll put up some videos soon.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 pm 
Major 'Ho

Great write up Ben! Congrats on getting into the 1:03's! It sounds like you had a great battle during the last race on Sunday! I'm sorry I missed it! Of course my kids were all excited about going and then wanted to go home as soon as we got there. :rant:

I looped back by your pits shortly after we chatted and you were gone. I wanted to point out that the rider we discussed at Beaver was at the race and won a few of the races I watched. His name is Greg Winslow. He rides a GSXR 1000 and looked to be one of the fastest guys there on Sunday. I ran a lap time on him on my cell phone and it was a high 0:58. It was good to get to watch Rosey and Borello race...

That was the only WERA race I've been to and I was really disappointed with the turn out. No Sam Gaige, no Eddie Kraft, no Blake Kelly, were they all at VIR with CCS?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 pm 
Major 'Ho

Per the WERA Board -

- It appears Blake Kelly was there, ran some 59's and won some races

- Winslow ran some low 58's

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Nice write up and congrats on the podium finish :toocool: Odd that the BeaveRun event was so poorly attended. Summit seemed pretty full in most classes we watched. Nice job on getting into the 3’s :thumbup:

Glad to hear Rosey is back racing again. Winslow’s 58 is plain sick. What is the official moto record for BeaveRun – anyone know?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!