Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!

Post subject: WERA Beaverun 9/3, 4
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
I'll be there, anyone else planning on this? I'm running HWT Solo Saturday, B Superstock and Superbike on Sunday and possibly A Superstock. It should be a pretty good turnout with the Monday holiday.

Post subject: Re: WERA Beaverun 9/3, 4
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:01 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Another fun weekend of racing is in the books! I got my first win in a scorcher weather wise in the HWT solo on Saturday, followed up by another win in A Superstock Sunday followed up by a boneheaded mistake in B Superstock which I have no idea where I placed because I forgot to check.

To be fair there were only 3 of us in the HWT novice solo, and 3 in the A Superstock and one guy crashed out. Soooo again I’m going to put an asterisk by these I don’t really feel like I earned the top spot. Both of these races were one wave, they started the experts and novices at the same time. B Superstock however I didn’t get the memo. Actually I did, but I chose to ignore the memo. This would be a two wave start with the novices being the second green flag. I jumped with the first green flag and moved a total of about 4 ft. I came to a complete stop and was set before the second green but they pulled me in for a stop and go penalty anyway. The beginning of that race was very hairy, there was a slow mover in front of me through turn 1 and 2 but the only place I could make a move was to try and go around him on the outside going through 2 and 3. He used up the track and I went off onto the rumble/grass area but was able to pull it back on after Lantry and about 3 other guys went by. Anyway after my stop and go I was seeing red mostly at myself and felt like I threw together some good laps, that is until Gaige came by me like I was standing still. That guy is ridiculous. Anyway I forgot to check the timing and scoring to see what my times were and what place I ended up in but I did pass I think three or four guys before the end of the race. Last race of the day for me would have been B Superbike but the weather was looking ominous so I packed it in and it turns out I made the right choice. 10 minutes before the start of that race the sky let go and soaked everything.

I checked the video footage and I don’t think I broke into the 2’s. It seems I’ve hit a temporary plateau at the Beav, I’ve been stuck in the 3’s for awhile.

It was good to see Lantry out there riding well, grabbing his first podium finish in only his second WERA weekend. Tom here’s the link where some asshat almost ended your weekend before racing even began: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL1YRv-wIWw
For those of you that weren’t there, this was during PRACTICE on a damp track with a standing yellow flag. The guy never looked back, did he ever approach you later? Also nice riding with and then meeting Tim Wilson in the HWT solo!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Congrats to both of you...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:53 pm 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 07 R6S
Bike/Plate #: 357
it was a great weekend. i will keep it short and sweet. sat i went out for practice and the track seemed super bike and i was not happy with my bike. for my middleweight solo race i got a good start. i went from 9th to 3rd in turn one but it was red fagged before the first lap was complete. so we lined up again. my start was not as good, 5th i think. but on the second lap i was in 4th and lost the front in turn 7. i have no clue how i saved it but somehow i recovered. by about the 5 or 6th lap the top three guys were gone and i was in 4th. i had a feeling nobody was behind me so i backed off slightly. i was spinning the rear quite a bit and the bike felt like shit. i was getting bad head shake where shawn crashed last year. next thing i know i am sliding on my ass in turn 10. i tucked the front and slid for a bit but stayed on the track. they red flagged it and i picked my bike up and rode to the pits. i broke my brake lever and twisted my rearset. Tim (backmarker) hooked me up and i was able to race the next day. my best time i was 1:04 and change. i was super pissed about my bike but someone brought it to my attention that my rear ride height was way too high, it was past the do not pass threads.... so i dropped the rear about 1/2". it felt much better. i got a 4th in the C superstock race and a 3rd in the B superstock race. i was running consistant 1:03s with a best of 1:02.5 i believe. Tim did great in his races as well.

i have no clue who that guy was or what he was thinking in practice but i guess he was going for a trophy first thing in the morning. i may have been going a little wide into turn 10 but there was no need for that shit. if we were going at a race pace and he did that i would have gone down. i was turning and just out of the corner of my eye i saw his front end so i quickly turned away. he never looked back or anything. he should have backed off but oh well, shit happens. he never did come up to more and apologize or anything. thanks for the vid tho. i thought i made it worse then it was when i was riding but it still looks pretty bad.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
That pass into T10 was pretty stupid - What are the rules under a standing yellow with WERA?

Sorry to hear you went off Tom. Did you already get your suspension done by Mark?

Good to see you guys both did great! 2's and 3's :thumbup:

I was wondering how the weather was going to hold up out there. We did a junt into VA/WV with SCPMC and got drenched on the way home on Saturday and it rained most of Sunday AM while I was coaching the next generation of squids and pirates.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:54 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
Nice job fellas! Sounds like a fun weekend! :thumbup:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 am 
Serious 'Ho

And I have one more thing to add. I miss Ray from SB Image. All 23 pictures of me are from the outside of turn 10 all from the same angle.

Mike, I'm not sure there are any rules for standing yellow with WERA during practice. But its sort of unspoken that the track is either green, damp, or be polite.

Here's a "highlight" video of my weekend. Not sure why the audio got squelchy for the last race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nC0v5lPJCY

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!