Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Tire and Suspension Tech

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: tire warmers?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:47 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
madski wrote:
that sux... not great wisdom but it certainly does not seem like 30 seconds should burn holes. did you leave them unrolled when you took them off or did you roll or bunch them up? i've heard people say that rolling them up or bunching them up when hot will damage them. i think this was an issue Jr. had with his?

lol yeah took them off, and didnt string them out or turn them off which is why they have the holes on top lol

my coils burned through as well, but suzuka replaced it for free. idk how it would be user error? :eek:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:52 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
madski wrote:
that sux... not great wisdom but it certainly does not seem like 30 seconds should burn holes. did you leave them unrolled when you took them off or did you roll or bunch them up? i've heard people say that rolling them up or bunching them up when hot will damage them. i think this was an issue Jr. had with his?

I did not bunch them up. I set them down on the carpet next to the bike. They were not spread out perfectly, but not bunched up. I did a little searching on the net and was surprised I could not find any guide or anything like on how to care for tire warmers.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

id bitch about having to pay to have them fix.

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:07 pm 
Major 'Ho

GixxrSixxr wrote:

I guess you didn't have to pay to get your's fixed? How long did it take them to turn them around?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:28 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
bacolmm wrote:
I had a bit of an issue with my front Krosswerx tire warmer yesterday. In the morning I noticed that the inside of the front warmer had become discolored by a small section of the heating coil. I showed it to the tire warmer vendor and he said that sometimes the coils get hot enough that they bake the dye out and it shouldn't be a problem. I put in on, plugged it in, and when I checked on it later it was smoking and had burned a hole in the warmer and my tire.

I sent an email to Krosswerx and he said that "burn-in's" are considered user error. I guess this is considered a "burn-in" (not familiar with that terminology). He said it could be repaired for $65 but he was going to search around to see if he has a spare front warmer so he can replace it.

I try to be really careful to handle the warmers properly. I do seem to remember one time on Saturday, pulling the warmers off before I unplugged them. Could that have caused this? They were not plugged in for more than 30 seconds while they were off the tires. Anything else to look out for when taking them off / putting them on / storing them / etc?

I noticed a small discolored spot on one of the coils on the inside of my rear warmer as well. Is the discoloration normal or does it mean that my rear warmer is a ticking time bomb as well. Having my tire warmer(s) screwed up sucks, but burning up that front tire sucks even more! I'd really like to avoid burning up a rear as well.

The only good thing was that Pat and I were able to get my wheel off in record time, Tim and Josh changed the tire in record time, Pat and I got it back on in record time, and I didn't miss 1 lap. I bet the total turn around time wasn't more than 15ish minutes. As I was going into the first hard braking zone I was thinking "I did torque all of the caliper bolts, didn't I?"...

wow not cool at all...I just received a PM back from the guy who sells Krosswerx on Wera and wasn't impressed with him personally.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
is he the same guy that was selling a bunch of gas caps, etc. @ wera? that guy was selling warmers but i don't remember if it was the same guy.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:12 pm 
Major 'Ho

madski wrote:
is he the same guy that was selling a bunch of gas caps, etc. @ wera? that guy was selling warmers but i don't remember if it was the same guy.

Probably the same guy - his name is Anush. Seems to be a pretty decent guy. We'll see how my issue plays itself out...

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=207163

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

bacolmm wrote:
GixxrSixxr wrote:

I guess you didn't have to pay to get your's fixed? How long did it take them to turn them around?

nope. didnt pay.suzuka is made by chicken hawk, so i sent them back with a repair form as to what was wrong, and they just shipped me a new front warmer. the newer design at that since they came out with a new model since i bought mine. id say it was about 2 weeks if that., i forget. it wasnt long though

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:49 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
bacolmm wrote:
madski wrote:

Probably the same guy - his name is Anush. Seems to be a pretty decent guy. We'll see how my issue plays itself out...

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=207163

yep same guy...they were $168 last year, I just got a price shipped from him of $220 for standard and $380 for digital.

I didn't buy yet still doing my research and I need to contact kyle to see what's up.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:59 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
The guys name is anush and I ordered a gear indicator for my dad for Xmas and nothing but good remarks. He responded to emails within 2-3 hours and even had the package waiting to be shipped to as soon as I paypaled it was on the truck. From payment to my door was 2 or 3 days and product seems to be good quality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Tire and Suspension Tech