Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Tire and Suspension Tech

Post subject: Re: Tires Unlimited - Conti Race Attacks Set - $235 shipped
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Tib wrote:
My experience with the 2CT's were okay...On the street they last alot of miles but the rear will spin up since you can't get them warm enough. On the track they were fine, but I prefer the regular PP's more.

I have ran regular PP's and 2CT's in both "B" and "I", my last time out at Beaver was running consistant 1:06's in "I" with 2CT's. Now one of the CR's from our last session was discussing moving to "A" in the next 1 or 2 trackdays and said to move up my pace safetly and get the bump I would basically need a DOT tire. I have all the confidence in the world with PP's and medium conficence with 2CT's and they have served me well.

That's odd since PP's are a lower end tire than the 2CT - 2CT has sticker sides than the PP... I'm sort of a Pirelli guy and I've run CIII's with good results at the track before but I like SC's much better.
I'm running the same pace at da'Beave though I don't really have any illusions of a bump to A any time soon (if ever). I'm guessing they's want you in the low 4's or so to get there (among other things).

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post subject: Re: Tires Unlimited - Conti Race Attacks Set - $235 shipped
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:16 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
madski wrote:
Tib wrote:
My experience with the 2CT's were okay...On the street they last alot of miles but the rear will spin up since you can't get them warm enough. On the track they were fine, but I prefer the regular PP's more.

I have ran regular PP's and 2CT's in both "B" and "I", my last time out at Beaver was running consistant 1:06's in "I" with 2CT's. Now one of the CR's from our last session was discussing moving to "A" in the next 1 or 2 trackdays and said to move up my pace safetly and get the bump I would basically need a DOT tire. I have all the confidence in the world with PP's and medium conficence with 2CT's and they have served me well.

That's odd since PP's are a lower end tire than the 2CT - 2CT has sticker sides than the PP... I'm sort of a Pirelli guy and I've run CIII's with good results at the track before but I like SC's much better.
I'm running the same pace at da'Beave though I don't really have any illusions of a bump to A any time soon (if ever). I'm guessing they's want you in the low 4's or so to get there (among other things).

yeah from what I was told at da'Beave it's considered bump time when it's consistant 1:05's or so and smooth riding. So you may be closer than you think. The 2CT's were fine on the corners but it was driving out of the corners and onto the straights that was what I didn't like. They felt like the center of the tire was to hard....since I never ran a lap timer on reg PP's at da'Beave I can't compare the two tires times. Maybe it was just in my head since it was the first time I rode on a multi-compound tire.

Nesba #22

Post subject: Re: Conti Race Attacks
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

i think Jr. was in the 4's when he got bumped. either way, i'm happy as a pig in shit to ride in NESBA's I and right now with a whole bunch of the guys here running in NESBA's I it's a blast to be out there.
i'm guessing Nate, Matt and Joe are probably the next ones to get to A.
i think it will be loooooooooooong time before i'm a NESBA A rider.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:29 pm 
Major 'Ho

madski wrote:
i think Jr. was in the 4's when he got bumped. either way, i'm happy as a pig in shit to ride in NESBA's I and right now with a whole bunch of the guys here running in NESBA's I it's a blast to be out there.

This year i'll be running Vesrah pads instead of EBC HH's...I was definitely having to apply the brakes earlier and longer than the other guys running better pads just to enter the corner at the same speed, so hopefully i'll be able to shave off a sec or two early in the season.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
madski wrote:

hmm i dont know, i forget what i was running at beaver. im thinking it must have been 5's i dont think i ran 4's until A. i was running 24's at summit when i got the bump.

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

joe, matt and i'm guessing nate are in the 5's at beaver now - me, tib, kyle (?), in the 6's. i'm guessing pat is in 6 range too. not sure where tim and chad would be now but i'm guessing sub 10's.
so if they will bump out of the 5's i guess the first 3 are right on the proverbial cusp.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm 
Major 'Ho

madski wrote:
joe, matt and i'm guessing nate are in the 5's at beaver now - me, tib, kyle (?), in the 6's. i'm guessing pat is in 6 range too. not sure where tim and chad would be now but i'm guessing sub 10's.
so if they will bump out of the 5's i guess the first 3 are right on the proverbial cusp.

Wow...alot of guys are getting close now.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:37 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
yeah a few are..good...i need some of you guys to come play with me in A. im lonely :sad:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:40 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
I was really shooting for the A bump last season, but the two crashes really knocked out my track time and shot my confidence.

The last day at Beaver with FastTrax I finally started getting it back after riding on the DOTs for the first time. By the last session, I am pretty sure I was consistently hitting 5's since I ran Joe down and he said he was running 6's. Hoping to get the bump next year as long as I can keep the rubber side down.

I do really enjoy running around the I group with all the guys from here though... :dunce:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

actually I think the next bump will be Eli to I - of course I did not see him at CMP but he was riding really well at Beav with FastTrax out last time there.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Tire and Suspension Tech