Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Tire and Suspension Tech

Post subject: 003rs info from Bridgestone rep
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:41 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
So I bought a set of the new 003RS tires on sale at the end of last year from Iron Pony and couldn't find a whole lot of info on them since they are fairly new. My understanding was that they were for more trackday but occasional street use type of riders. Not quite DOT's. Most of the info I found was on the 003 DOT's. So I emailed Bridgestone a couple of questions. 1. Do they NEED warmers and if so what could be done to prevent baking or making them greasy like some street tires get when used w/warmers. 2. A starting point for pressures as many of the reviews on these tires cited difficulty getting them dialed in. Here's the fairly standard response I received for anyone interested:

Quote:
Mr. Farnsworth,

The BT003RS is a street tire that is designed to get up to temperature quickly, so there is no need for tire warmers.

For normal street riding you should be running the manufacturer’s recommended pressures, which can be found on the VIN sticker or in your owner’s manual. For aggressive riding/canyon carving you can decrease the pressure by 3-5psi to get the tires to work more in the corners. At the track, a good starting point is 26-28psi in the rear and 28-30psi in front. Tire pressures are subject to each individual rider’s personal taste, so you will have to find what pressure works best for you. Air pressure should always be set cold - before riding or after the bike has been sitting for at least three hours. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Adam Kaempf
Sales Engineering Manager - Consumer Products
Quality Division: Voice of the Customer
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations

Post subject: Re: 003rs info from Bridgestone rep
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:52 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
I really like the 003 dot tires I'm sure the rs will be a great tire as well. Talking with other reps if you do run warmers run them on the low setting, high will cook the tire.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:30 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): K7 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 535
I was thinking of switching to the DOT mid season, its good to hear positive feedback on them. I don't have warmers currently and was trying to ascertain if they would be helpful for the RS so it sounds like the RS will be the way to go until I get some warmers.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:59 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
I don't recomend runnings dots without warmers. Buy warmers first then swap to dots. You can still wrap your street/track tires and not have the warmers on. It will help the tire cool down slower and not cycle as much.

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Tire and Suspension Tech