Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Modifications, Maintenance & Repairs

Post subject: Re: Power Commander
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Karn's is da'shit when it comes to tuning - too bad it's a "bit" of a haul for you :biglaugh:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Resurrecting this because I just saw a used PC on the NESBA boards for my bike for $125. Wondering if I should hop on it. Would probably run it as is for the summer and then take it over the winter to Karn's to get a tune and have them go over the whole bike.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:47 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
stevedave wrote:
Resurrecting this because I just saw a used PC on the NESBA boards for my bike for $125. Wondering if I should hop on it. Would probably run it as is for the summer and then take it over the winter to Karn's to get a tune and have them go over the whole bike.

I would, I have a Serial to USB converter if it's the old Serial style. If they have a map for something close to your setup you'll get by for now until you get an exact tune. On my R1 they had an exact map for my application and for the GSXR the same holds true, an exact map for my setup. If they don't have yours you could get something in the similar family meaning slip on for slip on or full exhaust for another full exhaust. That way it's at least in a similiar setup.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I would grab it too - your bike just has a slip on if memory serves? I'm sure there's a map from Dyno Jet that you can load for now and then have Jason and Dan make her purr over the winter.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:03 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Bike/Plate #: 13
I just got my Power commander V and auto tune running correctly yesterday. Still got to put on a few more miles before the autotune does it magic with the total custom map. So far working pretty good.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:48 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
I've had mine on the dyno a couple of times since I installed a Yosh slip on. The first time was with no PC. The Air / Fuel curve was spot on from 9K - 14K rpms with just a few, slightly lean spots elsewhere. I installed the PC, and checked all of the available slip-on maps. The map from the Akropovic was the closest to stock so I tried it. It made my bike a bit rich everywhere. It runs better with no PC. I'm tempted to take it out and sell it on Ebay.....or get a full-system and dyno-tune...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:49 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
chia wrote:
I just got my Power commander V and auto tune running correctly yesterday. Still got to put on a few more miles before the autotune does it magic with the total custom map. So far working pretty good.

I got the PCV too but haven't gone with the route of the autotune yet. I have the akra full exhaust with stock airfilter that they have a map for so i'm using that for now. If I get more mods down the road i'll get the autotune too since the akra system has the bungs for it.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:50 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Bike/Plate #: 13
Tib wrote:
chia wrote:

I got the PCV too but haven't gone with the route of the autotune yet. I have the akra full exhaust with stock airfilter that they have a map for so i'm using that for now. If I get more mods down the road i'll get the autotune too since the akra system has the bungs for it.

So far ive had good luck with the autotune. Ive only put on aout 300 miles on it since i got it installed. They say it takes a few miles to get the trim map right on.

Thats cool the akra has the bungs already...I had to drill mine.

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Modifications, Maintenance & Repairs