Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Modifications, Maintenance & Repairs

Post subject: Aftermarket Clutch?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:20 am 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
Anyone ever consider swapping their OE for something like one of these - a bit spendy but :boobies:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Clutch?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:06 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
I would consider it if i broke my levers but there are the new FP Racing Tactical Levers that are even warrantied if you break them at the track...

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product. ... 516&page=1

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 am 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 09 R6
Bike/Plate #: 561
Is there an issue with your current clutch perch? Seems to me there are a lot more options I'd prefer to spend money on prior to that. If $$ is not an issue than why not. It's got the bling factor and I'm sure works well. Just never had an issue with the stock units on my bikes

Nesba MidAtl Asst Director#561

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:33 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Wolley wrote:
Is there an issue with your current clutch perch? Seems to me there are a lot more options I'd prefer to spend money on prior to that. If $$ is not an issue than why not. It's got the bling factor and I'm sure works well. Just never had an issue with the stock units on my bikes

:wstupid:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:46 am 
Major 'Ho

I also agree with that they said. I get a laugh out of all the people on the gixxer.com or r1-forum.com forums that their first mod is replace their levers with new levers. If they are going to unbreakables or shorties for a reason okay but most of them are brand new to riding and post up about the mod.

My factory levers have worked fine since new so i'd only spend the money if mine were broken.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:07 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
My friend Jeff got some "unbreakable" hinged levers for his his 675. I may be wrong, but I believe his hinged forward rather than vertically. He was having an issue where he'd bump the back of the brake lever when reaching for it in a hurry. Of course, since it's hinged when you bump the back of it, the lever moves away from you and it's harder to reach. Not a great situation when you've tried to leave your braking as late as possible. I could imagine a similar scenario with the vertical hinge as well (probably not nearly the issue on the clutch as the brake). I think I'm sticking with the stock levers and keeping a spare perch and spare levers in my tool box...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:45 am 
Site Admin

I just thought they were pretty :-) I'm not running out to buy one any time soon.

Funny thing is Tib, if you ask that same question at the R1-Forum, as you know, you'd have like 60 :boobies: replies all hyping up how "great" these are from people that believe performance riding is making it to Starbucks on time for the kick stand party :biglaugh:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:30 pm 
Major 'Ho

The levers that are out there look great and i'm sure function better than OEM but for $200 i'll keep that money for something that either makes me handle better or for tires. Now if I snapped a OEM I would consider these types of levers but would probably still go with OEM.

I love seeing the posts that the guy with 200 miles on his brand new bike has installed a new windshield, new grips, new levers, removed decals and installed new brighter headlight bulbs... :thumbup:

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Tib wrote:
I love seeing the posts that the guy with 200 miles on his brand new bike has installed a new windshield, new grips, new levers, removed decals and installed new brighter headlight bulbs... :thumbup:

and then the inevitable post like 2 weeks later either looking for parts or parting his out :-)

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
bacolmm wrote:
My friend Jeff got some "unbreakable" hinged levers for his his 675. I may be wrong, but I believe his hinged forward rather than vertically. He was having an issue where he'd bump the back of the brake lever when reaching for it in a hurry. Of course, since it's hinged when you bump the back of it, the lever moves away from you and it's harder to reach. Not a great situation when you've tried to leave your braking as late as possible. I could imagine a similar scenario with the vertical hinge as well (probably not nearly the issue on the clutch as the brake). I think I'm sticking with the stock levers and keeping a spare perch and spare levers in my tool box...

mine are the same way

WERA & NESBA #45

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Modifications, Maintenance & Repairs