Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Private Party Classifieds » Gear & Accessories For Sale

Forum rules

Private party classifieds are just that: PRIVATE PARTY ONLY. Commercial posts are NOT ALLOWED. If you are a dealer please contact the admin for commercial posting rules.

Post subject: FS: Triumph AS1 suit. 46/56. SOLD!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:12 pm 
lil'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2010 BMW S1000RR
Bike/Plate #: 75
SOLD 12/8/2010!!

I’m selling a brand new, with tags, never worn Triumph Alpinestars AS-1 one piece leather suit in a US size 46 (56 euro) for $600 which includes shipping in the lower 48. MSRP is $1499 from a dealer. Why am I selling it? Because I have an identical one and don’t really need two of them. Why do I have two? Because I now know not to buy something for myself without checking with the Mrs. to see if she might get me one for our anniversary. At least she doesn’t know I already have one and thinks this is a great gift for me. She did tell me she paid $600 plus $20 shipping for the suit, so I’m selling it for what she paid, but including shipping at that price.

This suit would be a great present for the holidays. You can hint to your significant other this is what you want and have her contact me (bill [at] billshell.com).

I’ll also consider selling it on a payment plan if your budget is already tight.

This is the official description from Triumph:

AS1 Suit

Totally focused on track racing performance, the AS1 suit has been designed and developed with GP riders. The aggressive 90 degree cut gives the rider ultimate comfort when riding hard, and stretch panels (stretch Cordura) are positioned for maximum movement.

The sport hump gives increased aerodynamic streamlining for the rider for those all important seconds, and while most of the suit is full leather, sections are in a perforated leather to allow for airflow cooling in the heat of riding.

Inside, the lining is removable and can be washed to keep the suit fresh.

Full grain 1.2-1.4mm cowhide gives the suit high levels of abrasion resistance and longevity for ultimate protection. With shoulder thermoplastic polyurethane (PU) molds with integrated venting, this suit looks good and has PU performance 4 times more abrasion resistant than carbon fiber.

The GP shoulder, elbow and knee protectors (CE approved) are standard, designed to spread the impact of a fall. The back is protected with a CE Race Tech insert. Knee sliders are also supplied as standard.

Seams are off-set to reduce the chance of abrasion across the seam area, while the seams are also multi-stitched to reduce the chance of seam burst. The suit is designed to allow the rider to slide as opposed to tumble. In addition to this, all zippers are high quality semi-locking YKK specification, meaning that the zipper will not pull apart when not required.

· 1.2mm – 1.4mm full grain leather
· Multiple stitched main seams
· Removable CE certified GP protectors in shoulder, elbow and knee
· External high modulus thermoplastic protection on the shoulders
· 90 degree anatomical race fit
· Ergonomically placed Schoeller stretch Kevlar panels for optimal flexibility
· MotoGP profile ventilated aerodynamic back hump
· Leather flex zones on waist and knee
· Perforated leather panels for increased cooling
· Chest pad compartments with PE protection padding
· Removable Mesh Liner
· Tech race protector included
· Close fitting style
· Soft neoprene comfort cuffs and collar
· YKK semi auto lock zippers

Image Image Image

Flash off:
Image Image

What it looks like on a 5’11’ 193lb person (me). This is the identical one I bought myself a couple of months ago:

Board index » Private Party Classifieds » Gear & Accessories For Sale